Chapter 7

YOOHAN'S POV

"God the headache is killing me. Water, hyung please give me some water" I mumble, only to remember I'm not at home. I sit up and try to rub my eyes when I realize I am holding someone's hand. I look at my entwined hand and then at the person sleeping soundly on the ground holding my hand. The clock on the wall is ticking loudly amidst the stillness and quietness of this room. It's only 6 in the morning the sun is rising slowly and its orange light is falling on his face. I stare at him; he has a beautiful small face. I still remember the first day I saw him at the airport. I look at our entwined hands again and it makes me feel at peace. Maybe I'm just hurt and sad because of last night or I just feel homesick but for whatever reason, I don't want to let go of his hand.

He slowly opens his eyes and our eyes meet. "Are you feeling better now?" he asks getting up. I let go of his hand immediately and nod intensely. "Yeah, sure. I'm fine. Nothing is wrong" I tell him hastily. "Go and shower. I'll make breakfast, you must be having a bad hangover" he said and I nodded again. I don't why I am being so timid today. I get up quietly and go to my room.

Once we are done eating he asks me to join him for a walk. We go to our usual place, the nearby park, it's very peaceful in the morning. We sit on a bench, this view of the entire city from here never fails to mesmerize me it's is beautiful. "We need to talk," he says and before he could say anything more I apologize to him. "I'm really sorry Sunwoo-ya, I was too drunk yesterday. I am just stressed about school. I am sorry I woke you up at night. I really am and I promise I will never bother you like this ever again" I take a breath and continue "I know you hate getting physically close with others but I bothered you last night. I am sorry I shouldn't have hugged you. I was too out of line. Can't you just forgive me just this time?" I am just blabbering at this and just stares at me with a concerned and are-you-done look and I stop talking.
"Sorry," I say one final time.

"Do you know what you said to me before falling asleep?" He asks with a stern voice and I feel like whatever I said was not a good thing. This is the first time I have heard this tone in his voice, it sends a chill down my body. "I don't know" I reply, my voice hardly audible to even me. "Is something going on with you and that guy? Are things not working out with you two?" he asks again and this time I feel a pang in my heart the events from last night coming back to mind.

*flashback to last night*

It's already 9, I promised to meet Minho at 8:30, I hope he doesn't get angry. Well if one thing he never does is get angry, he always tries to understand me, that's why I feel even worse for making him wait. I rush to our usual club and there he is sitting with a girl. They seem to be having fun, I thought he was waiting for me but that's clearly not the case. 'She could be his friend why do you have to overthink everything' I scold myself and reach out for the door and that's when he kisses her.
I felt like someone hit me right across the face, I didn't know what to feel. I felt betrayed, I know we are not official yet because I told him we should take it slowly, but I thought it was going good. I take a deep breath and walk in; I need to talk to him at least.

"Hey, you are finally here," he says getting up. He hugs me and I just let him. "I want to go and eat someplace quiet can we go somewhere else?" I ask him and he nods. He puts his hand around my shoulder and we walk out. We go to a nearby Italian restaurant. It's a small restaurant on the rooftop run by an Italian family for 3 generations now. It's a comfortable small place with amazing food.

"I saw you kiss her," I tell him as soon as we sit down. "Oh, I just met her for the first time. She is an interesting person. It just happened in the moment" he replies nonchalantly. Seeing him kiss her didn't hurt me so but his words made me feel pathetic. I wanted to scream and cry. "I thought we were having something," I say taking a deep breath clenching my fist under the table trying my best not to have a breakdown. "I thought we were just exploring," he says calmly.