Chapter 13

YOOHAN'S POV

"You didn't answer my calls," Minho said. We came to a café after our lectures.
"I was busy, my brother wanted to show me around the company" I reply. There is so much I want to say but I can't get myself to speak.

"I missed you," he said and kissed me. I am still not used to him kissing me in public so I freeze and once my mind registers what is happening I pull away immediately. I feel someone staring at the back of my head and my eyes widen when I notice Sunwoo looking at me. His face is expressionless. He suddenly gets up takes Ashley's hand and walks out.
"Did you two fight?" Minho asked.
"What" I look at him confused.
"Did you fight with your roommate?" he asked again.
"No" I reply.

He leans in to kiss me again but I put my hand on his chest and he stops.
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing, I am just not used to kissing in public like this" I turn away from him. I hear him sigh beside me. Is he disappointed in me? But I am not comfortable. Should I apologize to him? I am overthinking again.
"Do you want to come over? We can work on our assignments there," Minho says and I nod.

We reach his house and start working on our assignments. We are sitting on the floor across from each other, our books scattered on the coffee table and some random r&b song playing in the background. It feels nice to be here like this. Like a normal couple spending time together. His phone suddenly rings and he grunts when he checks the caller id.
"Are you not going to answer it?" I asked. He just shakes his head and continues to work. The phone rings again.

"I think you should take it," I tell him. It could be urgent, I thought.
"She wants to get back with me and I have made it clear I am not looking for a relationship and even if I was I am never dating her after she slept with my friend," the anger on his face is visible. This is the first time I have seen him angry. I don't know what to say to him my mind is still stuck on the words 'not looking for relationship' too much for a normal couple I think to myself.

He gets up and walks around the table to sit beside me. Slowly he moves behind me and wraps his hands around me from behind as I lean into his chest. He buries his face in my neck and takes a deep breath.

"I like how you smell, feels like home," he says and I don't know if I should be happy about the fact that I remind him of home or the fact that he will never stop and look only at me even when he has found a home. He slowly starts kissing my neck and move to nibble my earlobe but I push him away.

"Hey, is something wrong?" he asked.
"I just remembered I had promised Sunwoo I will take him for dinner today" I replied.
"Why are you always so worried about him?" he asks confused.
"No, it's just that he always cooks so I thought I should treat him sometimes" I pack my things.
"Why are you always running away from me?" he sounds annoyed.
"I am not" I avoid his eyes.
"Are you sure? Then why aren't you looking me in the eyes?" he takes a step towards me his fists clenched.
"I am not running away. I am just not sure where this relationship is going and I want to be sure where we stand before taking anything further," I tell him honestly.
"Oh, but you trust that roommate of yours so you run to him like it's normal?" he is now standing in front of me and I take a step back.
"Don't you think you are crossing the line with this question? I thought we were allowed to see other people" I spat and his angry expression softens a little.
"I am sorry. You are right. But don't you think this is a little too much when you run to him whenever we are spending time together" he said and went to sit on the sofa.
"I want us to be together I really do but this is a decision you have to make. One thing I can assure you about is that I am not going out with anyone but you" I walk out with those words.

I feel better for some odd reason I did not let him get to my head but it still hurts. I like him a lot and I don't know what to do with these feelings, it hurts so much. I walk home mindlessly. I hear laughter as soon as I open the door, I walk into the living room and Sunwoo is sitting with Ashley watching some movie.
This is the first time I have seen him laugh and we have been living together for so long. I lean on the wall and just look at him laughing like there is no tomorrow and a smile appears on my face. It's a weird feeling looking at him this but a good weird. He suddenly turns his face towards me, I am caught off guard and fall on the floor trying to pretend I just walked in.

He jumps over the sofa and comes running to me.

"Are you ok? Does it hurt anywhere" he looks panicked. "Did you drink again" he continues.
"Hey, do you think I am drunkard or something? Why would I drink? And it's only 5pm" I am a little offended at what he said but can I blame him when I came home drunk pretty much every day for a week?

Ashley is standing in front of the TV and smirking.

"You are so cruel. I fell and you are standing there smirking?" I scowl at her as Sunwoo helps me up.
"Deserved that" Ashley replied and turned back to the TV.
"Why is she always here? Did you find her on a street and adopted her?" I ask him appalled at her reaction.
"I am still better than you" she retorts still glued to the TV.
"I don't like her at all. Why is she always picking a fight with me?" I whisper in Sunwoo's ear.
Ashley turns to face us again. She lifts her phone and clicks a picture of us.
"You look cute together" she smiles looking at her phone.

I did not even realize we were pretty much hugging each other till now. I look at Sunwoo only to find him already staring at me. Our eyes meet and even though my brain is asking me to let go my body seems to have a mind of its own. His hand around my waist our upper body touching. It feels warm a part of me wants to hug him tighter and then he lets go.

"I'm sorry, I was- I...just-" he looks flustered.
"Why are you apologizing for helping me? Do you hate helping me?" I don't know why I am acting this way but the rush of cold air as soon as he let go of me is making me a little sad.

"What? No that's not what I-" he starts speaking but I stop him.
I plop down on the sofa beside Ashley and Sunwoo comes to sit on her other side. Ashley slowly moves to the floor and we continue to watch TV. I am not even paying attention to what's playing, my mind preoccupied with Minho.

"What do you think you are doing?" I ask Sunwoo whose face is just inches away from mine with his hand on my cheek.

ChapterManagement