Chapter 14

He pulls his hand away as if on fire and tries to take a step back but stumbles and falls on the floor with a loud thud and Ashley who is sleeping on the floor groans due to the sudden noise. He is lying on the floor flustered his cheeks getting red looking at me like a deer caught in headlights. I get up cover Ashley with a blanket and then walk towards Sunwoo slowly and quietly trying not to wake Ashley. He opens his mouth to speak but I put my finger on his lips and take his hand to help him up. We tiptoe out of the room and the lights in the corridor hit straight in my still sleepy eyes.

"Are you hurt?"I ask him once our eyes adjust to the lights.

"What...yes..I mean no, I'm fine" he lets go of my hand immediately and moves back.

I look at him my forehead scrunched as I lift one eyebrow. Slowly I walk towards him and he steps back with every step I take forward until his back hits the wall and we are just inches away. I stand on my toes to reach his eye level and look into his eyes. He moves his head to the other side.

"Choi Sunwoo, what were you doing to me?" I whisper in his ear and he flinches. He gulps still looking sideways. I can't help but notice the small details on his face and neck. There is a small cut on his earlobe. I reach my hand to his ear and touch it softly. "Does it hurt?" I ask him and he shakes his head only to hit it against the wall and I chuckle at him. He looks cute when flustered. His neck and face are as red as the wine we just had and for some reason, this view is intoxicating too.

My eyes slowly move to his neck, I never knew he had a mole on the left side of his neck just where it starts. "It looks like a choco-chip" I put my finger on the mole and he takes a deep breath closing his eye as his jaw clenches.

"I have a class tomorrow, good night" he pushes me a little and hurries to his room.

I am standing in front of the wall trying to understand what just happened. I have never been like this. Was I flirting with him? Have I lost my mind? I should really stop drinking it's messing with my head.

*Next Morning*

I walk into the kitchen a part of me wishing Sunwoo is not in there and to my relief he is not. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. I find a small note beside the breakfast plate.

Note: Leaving early with Ashley. We have an early class. – Sunwoo.

My relief is soon replaced by sadness. I hate eating alone I should wake up early from tomorrow to eat with him. And what's with Ashley? Why is she always following him? I sigh and finish my breakfast. I don't have a class today so Minho and I decided to meet at my place. I should get ready. He will be here soon.

"Hey" he kisses me as soon as he enters. Seeing him act like nothing happened yesterday is so upsetting but I don't ponder over it for long. I should focus on my studies.
"Hi" I respond and we walk to the living room.
"I like what you have done with the place" Minho settles on the sofa.
"Do you want something to drink?"
"Water"
I grab two water bottles from the kitchen and hand one to him.
"Make yourself comfortable, I will grab my books from the room," I tell him and he nods.
We get to work not talking about anything else and it makes me feel a bit better. I don't want to confront him. I hate confrontations it always makes me feel like I am horrible person. Then suddenly he kisses me. He grabs my waist and pulls me towards him. I try to resist but no use. I push him and he is shocked at my reaction.
"What's wrong?" he asked confused.

"I think I made myself clear yesterday. If you can't commit to me then I don't want to be with you anymore" I tell him.
"Didn't you agree to be in a casual relationship when we first started?" he asks.
"Not anymore. Look I don't want to be one of those people who cling to someone again. Once was enough. I don't want to get hurt anymore" pictures of my ex flash in front of my eyes and the way he hurt me.

"But I like you, just give me some time. Please?" he begs. "I really wanna be with you don't do this. Why are you hurting me?" he hugs me and tries to kiss me again but I step back.
"Let's talk when you are done thinking," I tell him.
"You are hurting me do you know that?" he says, then grabs his bag and walks out. I can feel the anger in his eyes but this time he doesn't say anything he just glares at me and walks away shutting the door behind him so loudly it made me jump. My heart is racing I was scared he would again grab me but he did not and I was so relieved my knees gave out as soon as he left. I fall on my knees shaking.

The rest of the day passes in a daze. I don't remember when Sunwoo came home. All I remember is his faint knocks on my door for dinner and me falling asleep. It's 1 am and I starving so I go to the kitchen to find something to eat. Sunwoo is still there working on something. He looks up when I enter but doesn't say anything.

"Hey," I say.

"I will heat up the food, just sit," he says pulling out a chair for me. He then grabs a glass and pours some water for me. I sit in silence and while he gets me something to eat. He puts the food in front of me and I start eating in a hurry I feel like I haven't eaten in ages. He goes back to work till I finish eat and once I am done he gets up again grabs something from the fridge and starts the microwave again. He grabs the small plate and puts it in front of me. It's my favourite chocolate cake and he knows I like it warm. My eyes well up for some reason and I miss home. When he turns to walk away I grab his waist and hug him. My face on his back I beg him to stay for just a few moments.
I let go slowly after some time and turns to face me.

"I'm always here if you ever want to talk" he ruffles my hair and leaves.

I haven't seen Minho for the last two days and I feel terrible for rejecting him and talking to him like that. His words 'you are hurting me, do you know that?' are still ringing in my ears. I feel so pathetic. I hate hurting people. I can never bear the thought of making anyone sad. I should apologize to him. So, here I am standing in front of his house. I should talk to him calmly and apologize for acting like that. I ring the bell but there is no answer I ring it again. The door opens and there is a girl standing in front of me, just wearing a robe.

"Babe, who's there?"I hear Minho's voice from behind who walks out in just his boxers. He stops in his tracks once our eyes meet and his eyes widen.
"Sorry, to interrupt you we are working on a report so I dropped by unannounced. I am really sorry" I smile at her. "That's ok. You can come in" she says but I shake my head.
"I don't want to bother you. I can see him later. Have a nice day" I smile at her and walk away.

I walk around the town for the rest of the day and go home at midnight. Sunwoo rushes out as soon as he hears the door opening. He looks worried.

"I was calling you why didn't you answer?" he says rushing towards me.

" Sunwoo-ya please let me sleep with you," I reply.