THIRTEEN

Time was moving fast, they could barely keep up. Bran was okay, the hardest part was over. He just hasn't awakened yet. He was no longer in pain, he was just breathing perfectly fine. They just wished he would wake up.

Everyone had been a mess since Bran took that fall, they didn't know what to do and the royal family was still their guests at such a crucial time like this.

They just wanted him to wake up.

No one wanted him to wake up more than his parents and Astri, who cried every time she looked at him.

It had gotten hard for to go see him without letting tears fall from her face, so she stopped going to see him and found herself helping out more than usual to keep her mind off the fact that Bran wasn't waking up. She had been getting Arya and Sansa ready, helping Rickon and explaining to him everyday that Bran was going to be fine.

He just wouldn't stop crying.

He didn't want to leave her, he was so scared for him brother and Astri had never such fear on a six year-old's face before. He was so frightened, so confused.

Luckily Robb had been helping her, Jon as well. Astri knew it was hard on both of them, so she's stayed clear of them when she felt sad. They were both trying to be strong, but with Jon heading off to the Wall he was bond to break at any moment. Robb hadn't shed a tear, not even once. He was keeping strong for his family. It was his duty as he oldest.

Astri was so worried about Jon, taking the black and not being able to come back to Winterfell for a long time.

She wondered how he'd survive, how was he going to live without his family by side?

It was going to be very dull without him around, especially with Arya and Sansa going off with their father to King's Landing soon. There was going to be nothing to do. She'd just have Rickon all to herself, which wouldn't be a bad thing since things had been very hectic the last week.

As of now she was laying in bed with Rickon, listening to him read and lightly smiling at how much better he was getting at it. He was keeping her mind off Bran, she was doing the same for him since he hadn't cried in a while.

But he will soon.

A knock at the door caught their attention, Astri hoping it was someone with good news. It wasn't. Jon came into the room, looking very sad and it didn't make either of them smile at his presence. Astri sitting up, Rickon doing the same.

"I came to say goodbye." His words put a pain in her heart, she turned away from him because Jon needed to say goodbye to his brother.

Jon closed the door behind him, walking to the bed and Rickon crawled to the edge. "You be good," the older boy said, "No more tears."

Jon held Rickon's little face in his hands.

Astri wasn't looking, but she could hear perfectly fine.

"When will you come back?" His small and sweet voice made Astri close her eyes.

"Soon, I promise." Jon picking Rickon up, hugging him tightly.

That was when Astri opened her eyes and looked at the two of them. She really didn't want Jon to leave. He placed the younger boy back onto the bed, ruffling his hair and his eyes went straight to her. He wanted to say goodbye.

"Keep reading, little one. I'll be right outside."

Astri got off the bed, grabbing Jon's hand and they stood outside, closing the door.

There was so much he wanted to say to her, tell her what he'd been feeling as of lately. She let go of his hand, standing a few feet away from him.

"Did you say goodbye— goodbye to Bran?" It came out choked, she was barely holding the tears back.