O N E

She was woken by the bright sun shining hard on her face, causing her eyes to squint and realising it was time to wake up. This was part of her routine every day, getting woken by the sun and she didn't mind. She didn't have a choice. The sun was always going to be there... She hoped it'd always be there.

Astri Caso was her name, a commoner of Winterfell and nothing more. Astri wasn't a Lady, she was barely even a person in some people's eyes. Although, she had been known as a 'pretty one' by most of the men.

They weren't wrong, Astri was the girl all the men wanted. Her eyes sparkled of gold mixed with green, her hair was a very light brown, almost blonde and she had a petite figure. Astri always wondered if she had obtained her looks from her father, her mother had looked nothing like her. The woman had dark hair, a light curl to it and brown eyes. She had never met her father, so she was what they called a 'bastard' and they weren't wrong. The girl had no family left, she'd been on her own for a very long time.

One thing she managed to get right was a job, a very easy job which she loved and wouldn't trade for the world. Her mother had the duty of doing the same job, looking after the youngest children of House Stark. The Stark family had taken her in after her mother passed away, treated her like family since her mother had done so much for them when it came to Robb, Jon and Sansa.

It was going on the fifth year since her mother had died, caught a sickness and she couldn't shake it. It took her like a thief in the night.

Astri was strong, she didn't cry when her mother died— she's never cried at all. Whatever Astri needed she fought for, that was until the Stark family helped her out from time-to-time. Astri brushed her hair out, taking a quick bath and changing her clothing. Her long hair was in perfect waves, a single braid fell on her left side. She always styled it that way. Astri slipped her shoes on, exiting her sleeping quarters and heading down the hall. It was her job to wake the children, get them dressed, fed and outside to do fulfil their duties.

The youngest children's doors were all close to each other, they'd be able to hear each other through the walls. Astri knocked on each one, at least three times to make sure they were aware before she opened each door. Astri was only seventeen, but this was her biggest responsibility. She knows the Starks, she played with them when she was a little girl and they were like the family she always wanted. She was glad they treated her as such, she was surprised they still wanted her around after her mother's passing. She really thought no one would want her.

Robb, Jon and Sansa didn't need her help in the mornings, the afternoons and the evenings like their younger siblings. Robb, Jon and Astri were all the same age, Sansa was thirteen. Those three were able to take care of themselves, but sometimes Sansa would ask for Astri's help anyway because she saw her as the big sister that she's always wanted. Astri stood outside their doors, waiting to hear the shuffling and the complaining. That's exactly what she heard, two doors opening.

"Could we not have slept longer?" Arya was the first to complain, the oldest out of the three small ones.

Arya always complained, she was silly at times and very smart. Astri always enjoyed how she used her sharp tongue. "You sleep any longer you'll miss a beautiful day," she lightly shook the small girl's shoulders, "Come on, let's go." She moved the girl in front of her, watching roll her eyes. Rickon came flying into Astri's arms, "And how are you this morning?" She carried him. "Happy." Was all he said, Astri kissing him on the cheek and setting him down so he could follow his older sister.

"Brandon?" She called, noticing his door was still closed and she sighed. "Bran, time to get up." She knocked on his door once more.

Bran was always a bit of a question mark to Astri, but she adored him. He was very mature for his age, an adventurer and he never missed an opportunity to go out on an adventure, even if it was just scaling the walls of Winterfell. He enjoyed it. "Bran..." The door opened, revealing a sad little boy and she frowned at the sight of him.

"What ever is the matter, little one?" She crouched down in front of him, holding his hands. "I don't feel like practicing today," he confessed sadly, "Can I not do something else?" Astri smiled.

She used her left hand to push Bran's hair out of his face, it was getting long and might be time for a haircut. "And why would you do anything else?" "Because I'm no good at it, I'll never be like Robb or Jon." That made her heart heavy, she hated to hear any of the Stark children doubt themselves. They had a good life, Astri only wished she could be this lucky. Neither Bran or Astri noticed the two young men walking down the hallway, noticing the two of them.

"Yes, you are not anything like your brothers," Astri gave him a small smile, "Because you are Bran Stark. The one and only. You're better than them."

That seemed to make him smile, "There are too many Robb's and Jon's in Winterfell. We don't want anymore." Bran giggled, he always enjoyed Astri's company. "You have wounded us, Tri." Robb's voice sounded, Astri and Bran turned to see the younger boy's brother and half-brother coming towards them. She shook her head, turning back to Bran. "Go find your brother and sister," she told him, "I'll be there in a minute."

The two older boys greeted their little brother before watching him run off, needing to get ready for today. Astri stood up, looking between her best friends and rolling her eyes.

"You're both joined at the hip, you honestly should marry one another." She joked, turning around and the three of them began walking. "Good morning to you, too."

Jon chuckled, throwing his arm around her. "What was wrong with Bran?" Robb questioned, glancing at her and Jon dropped his arm from her shoulders. She sighed, "Your brother doubts himself... which makes me ask for a favour." Astri stopped walking, turning to face the both of them. "Do not laugh at him today, not even a little bit. I've seen the way you both treat him during training." She let a small smile creep onto her face.

Robb and Jon hold in laughs, remembering everything that Bran has done terribly in training. It was their happiest memories, some to tell their grandchildren one day.

"I am asking you politely," she smiled, "Please?" Robb nodded, "Fine. You have our word, but if he does something stupid it's not our fault." Robb began walking, leaving Astri to drop her jaw. "What did I just ask of you?" She argued, playfully hitting him on the back. "I am kidding, Tri. Lighten up." He glanced back at her, walking off.

Jon chuckling, "Come on, Tri." He told her, walking with her.

-

THIS IS THE FIRST CHAPTER OF GODDESS AND I HOPE IT WAS OKAY. I'M REALLY NEW TO GAME OF THRONES AND I DON'T KNOW TOO MUCH ABOUT IT, BUT I HAVE WATCHED ALL EIGHT SEASONS. IF THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH MY CHAPTERS PLEASE CORRECT ME. THANK YOU ALL FOR READING.

<3