T W O

Astri was able to get the three smaller children ready for their day, bathed them and dressed them. Now they sat in their dinning hall, eating breakfast and talking amongst one another. Astri enjoyed watching them in the mornings, it was the only time she got with them all together before they went off to do their own things. Then in the evening she'd get them ready for bed, read them stories and did whatever they liked. She couldn't wait to have children of her own one day. The Starks were a big family, she wanted the same thing with the man she was going to marry.

Lord Stark and Lady Catelyn would meet them soon, for now they were just enjoying the sibling company. Sansa had joined them, asking Astri to fix her hair since she could never style it in the back. Sansa didn't care how old she was, she enjoyed it when Astri or her mother did her hair. Sansa spoke to Astri about everything, boys, friends, anything that she thought was interesting. And Astri listened to every word, she enjoyed the fact that Sansa confided in her. She thought she would grow up to be a bright woman, doing many great things for Winterfell.

Sansa was beautiful, just like her mother with her fiery red hair and her beautiful blue eyes. And she never saw her beauty, she was always complaining to Astri that she was pretty enough and none of the boys liked her. Sansa didn't need boys to like her, she was a Stark. She did not need a boy in her life, not at this age. Astri had yet to even kiss a boy and she was well over the first kiss stage.

Robb and Jon always made fun of her for it, but she was just waiting for the right person.

Astri was all done with Sansa's hair, letting her go get something to eat and the young girl was finally happy to sit down. She sat between Rickon and Jon, only because Rickon was sure to get his breakfast on his clothing and she was going to have to clean it up. Jon and Astri began eating, laughing with each other as they always did. Out of Robb and Jon, Astri was a little closer to Jon. It was probably because they were both bastards, they found comfort in each other. If someone treated her badly about being a bastard and an orphan, Jon was always there to defend her.

At times, Robb would get jealous. The three of them were supposed to always be together, but sometimes Jon and Astri would leave him out unintentionally. Jon was gentle, he always felt shy and out of place, but he was a good person and would do anything for anyone. Robb was gentle when he wanted to be, outspoken, always laughing, reprimanding his younger siblings and he'd do anything for the people he loved. Astri would die before she let something happen to either of them. They were supposed to be her family, so it was her duty to protect them. Her mother would've done the same.

Robb came up behind Astri as she spoke to Jon, putting his hands on her shoulders and as she was about to speak, Bran and Arya began fighting with each other over something. They always did this.

The older children turned to them, "Enough!" Robb warned them.

"She stole my bread!" Bran pointed at his big sister, "It doesn't matter. There's plenty of bread for everyone, Bran. Go get another." Astri told him, giving him a warm smile and he did as he was told. Arya smirking, eating the piece of bread she had stolen from her brother. Astri shaking her head.

Arya was always a trouble maker, "And you, Arya, are not to steal other people's food. Apologise to your brother when he gets back."

The young girl, put her head down. She knew she'd have to apologise even if she didn't want to. Astri turned back to Robb, wondering why his hands were on her shoulders. "May I help you?" Robb looked down at her, shaking his head and she rolled her light-coloured eyes as she turned away from him. Bran came back to the table, more bread on his plate and it was a little too much. The whole plate was covered.

Astri placed a hand to her forehead, not believing that his plate looked like that. The two older boys snickered at their little brother, even Rickon was laughing. Arya's jaw dropped, beginning to frown and Astri knew there was going to be a fight. Sansa got up, done with her food as she smiled. "Sansa, take your sister. Start your day." Was all the older girl could say, she continued to hear Rickon laughing and she turned to him.

"What are you laughing at, little one?" She poked his side, making him laugh harder just as Arya and Sansa walked off together.

The rest of them all finished up, Astri going out with the boys first and she'd go check on Arya a little later. This was her life every day, not that she had a problem with it. Sometimes she wished she could live a normal life, somewhere beautiful and lonely. If someone accompanied her she wouldn't complain, maybe someone she was in love with. There just wasn't anybody, nobody she found appealing and worthy of her time anyway. Winterfell was filled with dirty and sick men, none of whom she found attractive in the slightest.

They were all just pigs.

One in particular, Theon Greyjoy, who just wouldn't stop trying to get under her dresses. He was Lord Stark's hostage/ward, but Astri didn't even like him. He was always making passes at her and she wasn't the slightest bit interested in him. They were outside with Bran, helping him with training and Astri stood by Rickon as he sat on the little wall. Robb and Jon were helping Bran shoot an arrow at the target, hopefully they wouldn't laugh at him like Astri had politely asked. They called it 'tough love' but they were just being assholes to their brother.

They all watched Bran, even his parents were watching from the balcony above them. Astri had greeted them earlier. Bran pulled back the bow with the arrow in it, letting it go and it whistled through the air before impaling the wooden barrel and not the target. Jon came beside his younger brother, "Go on, father's watching. And your mother."

Bran glanced at his mother and father before pulling back another arrow and letting it go. This one flew right over the target, into the trees behind the small wall. Jon, Robb and even Rickon began laughing at Bran insanely loud.

Astri waited for Robb to turn around, seeing her narrowed eyes and clenched jaw. She had asked them both to be nice, but they weren't listening. Robb stopped laughing when he saw her, clearing his throat. "And which one of you was a marksmen at ten?" They all turned to the man on balcony, who scolded his older children. Astri smirked at his comment, Robb rolling his eyes with the way she smirked. The young woman walked over to the young boy, maybe he needed a few words of wisdom.

She crouched down beside him, placing a hand to his shoulder.

"Take a breath. Don't listen to your brothers," she softly said to him, "Pretend the target's are one of their faces, but don't think about it too much. And relax that bow arm, you'll be fine."

Bran smiled at her words, doing exactly as she told him. Astri stood up, going to stand next to Robb and she lightly slapped him on the arm. Bran pulled back his bow string, arrow in place and he seemed to be more relaxed than before and just as he was about to let it go, another arrow came flying in and hitting the target right in the middle.

Everyone's heads turned, noticing Arya standing further away from the rest of them. The older children smiled at her, Bran not finding that amusing. He's been after her since she stole his bread. Arya gave them a bow, but Bran wasn't having it and he chased after her. Jon, Robb and Rickon lost it, laughing as if they were about to burst. "You boys are the worst." Astri looked between the two of them, Robb wrapping his arms around her shoulders.

"Laugh, Tri," Robb whispered to her, "It's just a bit of fun." Astri giggled, turning around in his grasp.

Jon stood off to the side, looking between the two of them and Rickon did the same. He was only six, he didn't know what was going on. Jon, however, didn't like what he saw. "And you're all about fun, are you?" She looked up at him, making him smile as his hands came down her shoulders. "Astri." The girl turned, seeing Lady Catelyn on the balcony. "Retrieve my children, would you?"

They all chuckled, "Certainly, my lady." Astri pushed Robb away from her body, walking passed Jon and giving him a small shove because he laughed way too hard today as she went after the children.

-

I REALLY HOPE THAT THIS WAS OKAY. THIS STORY IS STARTING TO GROW ON ME. DON'T WORRY, SOME ACTION WILL BE COMING SOON. THE FIRST EPISODE IS ALWAYS BORING. I WILL ADD SOME GIFS SOON FOR VISUAL. THANKS FOR READING.

<3