CHAPTER 211- Nicole: Expert at digging her own grave

Looking at Rupert Murdoch, who was currently younger than sixty, Eric's first thought was News Corporation's eavesdropping scandal that happened in the early teens. Perhaps because of the eavesdropping scandal, the media used pictures in which he looked very old and infirm, but at this time, Murdoch seemed full of energy, his remaining few hairs neatly combed, wearing rimless glasses with a friendly smile on his face.

While Eric observed him, Murdoch was also carefully examining the young man less than twenty years old standing opposite him. However, this all took less than a few seconds before the two reached out their hands at the same time.

"Hello, Mr. Murdoch, I'm Eric Williams."

Although Murdoch must have seen his photo, out of courtesy as their first meeting, Eric still introduced himself.

"Hello, Eric," Murdoch shook hands with Eric, then turned to Jennifer, "And this must be the beautiful Miss Jennifer Aniston. Your performance in Friends was truly wonderful."

Since it was the first time she had been complimented in front of her boyfriend, Jennifer was a bit embarrassed but she quickly reached out and shook hands, "Thank you, Mr. Murdoch."

When Eric and Jennifer were greeting Barry Diller, old Murdoch glanced at his daughter.

Elisabeth couldn't help feeling a little upset when she saw the intimate couple in front of her. After she realized this, she felt even more uncomfortable.

But soon, she made up a reason to justify her emotions. She claimed to herself that she was feeling upset for Julia. A few days ago, on the plane, she saw Eric sleeping on Julia's lap. After he woke up, Julia remained seated for a long time as her legs had gone numb. Julia was so kind to him, but since returning to Los Angeles, he never contacted her, and now he appeared together with another woman.

'What a bastard!' she thought while gritting her teeth.

"Hi, Liz, you look so beautiful today," After greeting Barry Diller, Eric turned to Elisabeth.

"Hello, Mr. Williams," Elisabeth quickly shook hands with him before retracting it as if she wanted to keep her distance from him. Immediately, she brightly smiled and hugged Jennifer as she said, "Hello, Miss Aniston, my name is Elisabeth. Wow, your dress is so beautiful! Come on, let's go inside."

Jennifer looked at Eric inquiringly. Although Eric felt that Elisabeth was a bit unkind for bringing up Jennifer's dress, he was certain she would not go too far on this occasion, so he nodded at Jennifer who then let herself be pulled inside by Elisabeth.

His daughter's actions were completely opposite of what he had instructed her which made old Murdoch a little angry, but he was helpless.

Murdoch is busy with his business empire and pays little attention to his children. Although he is reluctant to accept that he is aging, he must also consider the successors of his media empire. Compared to his eldest daughter who has no interest in the family business and his two young sons who are incompetent, Elisabeth is undoubtedly the most capable. During her school days, she had managed to successfully establish a small local cable TV station. It's just that she is both stubborn and prideful, and she tends to rebel against his decisions.

Seeing his daughter greet Eric lightly and pulling away from his girlfriend, Murdoch said to Eric, "Sorry, Eric, Liz is still a little ignorant. Let's go inside."

"It's no problem, Mr. Murdoch. In fact, I like Miss Elisabeth's frank character." Eric replied politely, and the three of them walked inside the mansion where the party was held.

More than twenty guests had already arrived in the villa, and as time went on, more people arrived.

In addition to the actors and creative team of Friends, Fox invited many Hollywood stars to join in.