CHAPTER 224- The X-Files

Putting the newspaper aside, Eric crossed his arms and looked at the woman sitting opposite him. During this era, whether in film and television or in reality, quite a lot of women seem to like to wear shirts.

Of course, Eric also prefers women who wear shirts and jeans since it makes women look more mature and gives them a slightly androgynous look.

At the very least, he feels that these women look much better compared to women of the future who only wore odd dresses.

"Think Met Gala outfits"

Moreover, in Eric's opinion, a woman in a shirt can also ooze sex appeal, especially when a woman wears a large men's size shirt without anything on the bottom, displaying her two bare long legs...

Elisabeth noticed Eric staring at her intently and her courage quickly dissipated. She put her arms on the desk and covered her chest before she yelled at Eric, dissatisfied, "Hey, what are you looking at, you bastard?"

"Nothing, I was just thinking, are you going to wear this to work?" Although she looks pretty good, the shirt and jeans are obviously not fit as office attire.

"Of course, I'm your assistant, not an office girl. Do you want me to wear a skirt and high heels while I run around with you on the set?"

Eric realized that she wouldn't budge, so he shook his head and acquiesced. Anyways, he never expected that she would actually prove helpful since she was essentially Murdoch's spy. He would just focus on his work and forget about her. Of course, he didn't plan on letting her become privy of his company's private affairs.

Eric opened the drawer in his desk and began to look through it.

Elisabeth smiled triumphantly as if she had defeated Eric.

Eric found a document and a pen next to it and gave it to Elisabeth before he said, "This is the contract for your position as my assistant as a crew member of Sleepless in Seattle. There's one copy for you and one for me."

Elisabeth picked up the documents and began to peruse through it, not rushing to sign it. Eric looked at his watch and picked up the newspaper and began to read it, once again.

After a while, Elisabeth asked Eric, "Eric, I signed it. What should I do next?"

Eric put one copy of the contract back in the drawer and replied, "You can go back now. When the crew leaves for Seattle a few days later, someone will inform you."

"Wha..." Elizabeth opened her mouth slightly and quickly realized that Eric didn't plan to keep her around. She angrily yelled, "How can you do this?! I protest! If you don't assign work to me, I... I will not leave your office today!"

Eric frowned and began to regret agreeing to Murdoch's request. Just when he was considering how to get rid of her, a knock sounded on his office door and Alan walked in as he said, "Mr. Williams, the writers have arrived. They're waiting in the conference room."

"Alright, I'll be there in a moment," Eric replied and waited for Alan to leave before he said to Elisabeth, "Liz, I really don't have any work for you here, so you should just go back. Someone will inform you when the time comes."

"I won't go. Since I have signed a contract, you should assign some work to me."

Eric was starting to feel a little annoyed. Suddenly, he noticed the coffee machine nearby and said, "Since you want to work, go make me a cup of coffee."

Elisabeth retorted, "I'm not your servant!"

Eric chuckled and said, "This is part of the job of a director's assistant. If you don't want to do it, just go home and wait for the crew to inform you."