CHAPTER 258 - Nobody is a fool

"Mr. Williams, what do you think of the story in which Carl unexpectedly died from a glass shard lodged in his heart, his soul dragged to hell by the Grim Reaper, and Molly and Oda Mae bidding farewell to Sam as he slowly walked into the gates of Heaven after their wish was fulfilled?"

Bruce Joel Rubin noticed that Eric seemed distracted, so he told the story briefly and without expectations, then asked this last question, expecting a negative response, before politely leaving.

Upon hearing Bruce Joel Rubin finish talking, Eric snapped back to attention.

"Mr. Robin, do you think Charles and the others had a good opinion of this story?"

Upon hearing Eric's words, Bruce assumed he was being rejected like everyone else and said dejectedly, "Well, excuse me then, Mr. Williams."

However, Eric quickly interjected before Bruce had a chance to leave: "Mr. Robin I don't think this concept is bad."

Bruce immediately stopped and turned around to confirm: "Mr. Williams, did I hear you correctly?"

"Of course," Eric replied with a smile. "I think your concept is not bad, but I just heard your oral story outline and didn't find any highlights. Do you have a complete script?"

Eric said nothing more and nodded. Glancing around at the eager guests, he left the ballroom as if nothing had happened.

"Eric, what were you thinking about?" In the ballroom, Virginia, who was standing beside Eric, raised her head and asked.

Eric glanced at Bruce, who was being approached by people from outside the ballroom, and said, "I spotted a script, and I think a lot of people are interested in it now."

Following Eric's gaze, Virginia looked over: "Is that the man? I just saw you talking to him for a while. If you like it, why don't you buy it right away?"

"Right now? Overnight?" Eric stroked the girl's waistline and said, "Nobody is stupid. If I act too eager, I guess the owner of the script won't be in a hurry to sell it, so it could cost more in the end if I want to get it. Plus, other film companies may come to try and grab it."

Virginia hugged Eric's waist, pressing her face against his chest and rubbing it: "I didn't understand. I guess I'm a fool."

Eric lightly slapped the bulging hips of the girl's dress when no one was looking, his tone carrying a tinge of flirtation: "I like foolish women."

Virginia protested by hitting Eric. Then, she raised her face, blinked her big eyes, and asked in a soft tone, "Eric, what about tonight?"

Eric shook his head helplessly and said, "Wherever you go, you are followed by paparazzi. Can I go to you?"

Virginia felt helpless upon hearing Eric's words.

Since the screening of "The Others", Veronica had not only gained huge fame, leaping from a third-rate actor to a first-line star, but her private life had also received intense attention from many tabloids. Eric knew that those people's goals were not only Veronica, but himself as well.

Whenever Eric thought about the night he negotiated with Murdoch, the old man mentioned that a reporter from the New York Post had been secretly following him for several months. This made Eric feel uncomfortable. To be honest, that matter has still not been resolved. Eric didn't foolishly go to Murdoch afterwards to ask for those photos; he was aware that the other party would not relinquish the photos to him without keeping a backup. Therefore, he didn't make a fuss about it.

However, since then, Eric has become more cautious.

Although he didn't care about the media exposing him or the rumors about the actresses, he had to consider Anniston's feelings. If the rumors in the newspapers kept circulating, it would be impossible for her to act as if nothing was happening. Eventually, she had no choice but to break up with him.