CHAPTER 247 - Come and go

After nearly 20 days of intense shooting, "Sleepless in Seattle" finally wrapped up; however, Eric didn't enjoy any leisure moments at all because the shooting task of "Home Alone 2" was even more strenuous. Although the second part's plot mode is the same as the first, there are quite a few innovations, the most important being that, compared to the majority of the first part being in Kevin's home, the second part's plot is more abundant. In addition to the evil two thieves, there are also story branches such as the square hotel and Central Park.

"Do you have to leave so early?" Early in the morning, Eric walked out of the hotel room and saw Elizabeth with a simple backpack, ready to leave the hotel.

"..."

Eric was at a loss for a moment. He had initially resisted the girl joining the Sleepless in Seattle cast, thinking she could cause trouble. However, after spending a few weeks together, although the two of them still bickered privately, Elizabeth had done an excellent job with her job. Although it had not been a month, Eric and she had already established some tacit understanding.

After a moment of silence, Eric still shook his head and said, "Forget it; even if I agree, your dad would never let you stay with me."

Elizabeth's eyes flashed a hint of disappointment. Biting her lip, she softly defended, "My dad can't control me."

Eric chuckled and then asked, "Are you still planning to go back to Los Angeles?"

"You're dumb, my family lives in Manhattan; you don't think everyone in the world should live in Los Angeles," the girl subconsciously teased Eric, seeing Eric's faint embarrassment on his face. He opened his mouth, then said, "I ... I'm going back to school, and thank you for the information you have provided me in the meantime."

"It's nothing, I'm just..." Eric said, stopping himself before he said too much. They were talking about their first meeting and Eric's graduation thesis on the success of his films at the box office. Eric was merely recounting some of the random analyses he had seen in his past life while providing some of his ideas and details from when he was shooting.

Elizabeth waited a moment, seeing Eric say half and not continue. She didn't ask further and said, "I plan to finish my paper before the end of the year. I'll start making my first movie at the beginning of next year, and it'll be released in the summer. Will you have a movie released by then?"

Eric nodded even though he won't be working as hard as this year next year, but the summer season is not something he can ignore.

"How about we compare the box office at that time?" The girl's competitive spirit was aroused, and the words came out without going through her brain.

Erik subconsciously thought he could ask her for a zero, then remembered Elizabeth was making the famous "The Silence of the Lambs", a movie that had become so popular in its prequel that the box office would surely not be too bad. Over a hundred million dollars should be no problem.

Elizabeth said this and soon realized she was overreaching, fumbling with her backpack straps. "Nevermind, I'm sure I can't beat you. Well... goodbye."

Eric followed up with, "Well, bye... should I help you with your luggage?"

"No need; the bellboy has already taken my luggage downstairs, the taxi is waiting below."

"I'll send you down," Eric followed the girl to the elevator.

Eric watched a yellow taxi drive away, then he walked back to the hotel and towards the restaurant, where Nicole, wearing a slim-fit jacket and jeans, was walking towards him.