14.

"Here you are! But be careful, it's quite... explosive." Fluffy reminded Lucky, emphasizing each and every word slowly as he handed her a single arrow in a glass cover that fit perfectly, allowing no space for it to bounce around when moved.

"Thank you! I'll take it to the hot springs straight away!" Lucky nodded and took the arrow in two hands. The glass cover was sturdy yet so thin and transparent as air, allowing her to take in the features of the arrow closely. The shaft was relatively thicker than that of normal arrows, seemingly coated in auburn as the wood from which it was made, but upon further observation turned to a slim mosaic that constantly shifted and whirled in a thousand shades of amber, blending together alluringly, radiating as much heat even visually as its lava component. And it was still as it was lively like a piece of stained glass. The arrowhead was a long brown cone yet sharp at the tip that Lucky could imagine herself being cut if to hold it carelessly by bare hand, carved with fire patterns that glowed red from the inside, as alive as a fire itself. And the fletchings were stormy grey, each composed of a very neat piece of fabric woven tightly from a uniquely slender and smooth type of thread, stretched on a frame slightly visible to be golden in color. The arrow seemed to be shaking as of having a life on its own, excited and nimble like its shimmering core, like fire.

It was powerful, merely by its look, left alone the energy it had in store when unleashed. Lucky closed her fingers around the definitely-not-a-stick object, and watched her step as she slowly exited the store. Fluffy held his laughter:

"Oh, you don't need to be that cautious. Just make sure not to drop it. A little shake won't provoke it, but a crash surely will."

Lucky let go of the breath she didn't know she was holding, until now:

"It feels destructive..."

"It is, if mishandled. But Lady Usagi would know better than that. Hopefully I'll get a discount next time I come," He snickered.

She stepped out in the late oceanic gusts of wind blowing harder than the rest of the day, cold, salty winds, almost as strong as Kitsune's powers. Though unlike mountain winds, they didn't cut, more like scooping any creatures in the area as a whole. She held the arrow close to her chest as she tried to stand against the blows while taking out the compass, letting herself enveloped in the night blue streams. It swirled to total blackness, but thanks to the arrow she felt extremely warm, then she was teleported to the Mountain Climbing Torii.

It turned dark faster in higher altitudes. The lack of lamps turned the place into a half-light, shadows of the trees and mountains dancing in the rare lights of fireflies and house fireplaces. Lucky felt uncomfortable, rather annoyed at this kind of condition as it was hard for her eyes to adjust, and once they did things seemed blurred and monochromatic.

Lucky managed to get to the hot springs with no problem and gave it to Lady Usagi.

"The arrow! I can't believe you actually found it!" she exclaimed.

"It wasn't easy, but I hope it works!" Lucky said.

The rabbit lady removed the glass case, drew a bow fairly as her height out of nowhere, and nocked the arrow onto it.

"Stand back!" she warned as she aimed the arrow at the sky.

Lucky took a few steps back. Lady Usagi released the string, the super fire arrow shot up high shining in golden patterns starting from head to tail along with a white flaming trail, like a little dragon, sparkled like a star once it reached its highest point before heading straight to the pile of snow on the ground.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!

It was one split second it touched the snow and there was a loud explosion. A spot or orange appeared and rapidly widened into a blasting circle, melting and wiping away the snow clear from the spot.

"It worked!! I'm back in business!" her happiness changed to slight worry, "...oh, and hopefully everyone inside is safe too!"

"I can never repay you for all your help," she turned to Lucky, "Please enjoy the hot springs free of charge... forever!"

"Wha- REALLY!?"

It was a small business, keyword small, yet she was let to use it with NO CHARGE?? Saying Lucky was shocked was an understatement.

"It's not good for business, I know, but sometimes you have to do what's right!" Lady Usagi said firmly.

"I cannot take all the credits then... Fluffy crafted that arrow and let us have it for free. I'm just a deliverer."

"Spare this old bun, child. You volunteered to help me and that counts. Fluffy will also have something in return, of course. I know this epic item isn't from thin air. We'll have that the next time he comes."

"Then, thank you! I should be going now, I guess..?" Lucky waved at her, unsure if she'd have the time to enjoy things here. Probably should make up some time for that. The nature of Champion Island is beautiful.

"Take your time, dear. No need to rush," Lady Usagi waved back. Her gentle smile had so much love, that it felt like the mountains were smiling too, embracing her from the cold.

—————/////—————