30.

Because she had stayed up quite late the previous night, Lucky had slept in, which was a very rare occurrence to someone energetic like her. However, after all that walking in the cold night with just a short yukata on and convincing and dancing and helping, she was truly exhausted. When the cat finally woke up, it was to Misuta's call, and the sun was already up high in the sky.

Having missed the Daylight Race, she found herself standing in front of the lone building in the Northeast plain terrain of the Trophy House. Lucky went up its threshold, feeling quite awkward to just walk in demanding a task, but opened the tatami door nonetheless. The crane was there, in the same spot yesterday as if he hadn't moved at all, eyeing the guest with one eye and an uncanny smile.

"I see you're back, Lucky," he said, "Not having a good time with the remaining sports?"

"To be honest, I feel like they just keep getting harder the more I try," she confessed, averting her gaze to the side, "It's not the right spirit to have right now, but I have a feeling that I'll find my key if I keep myself working. Besides, there are more creatures who need help. After last night I know there are still!"

"You need motivation, do you not?" Crane said, amused, "There just happens that the driftwood artist working at the beach to the Southeast seems to have artist's block... Maybe you're the inspiration she needs. I'll be watching to see when the task is resolved. Hee hee hee..."

Kijimuna Kiko was her name. The famous craftswoman of Marathon Beach had a talent for wood sculpture and she made a fortune out of selling her artistic creations or opening galleries right on the banks. But according to recent news, Kiko had been on hiatus. Some said she was planning a bigger project, some said that she was preparing for retirement.

Lucky knocked the door of her seaside studio, and Kiko responded saying that it was unlocked. The cat welcomed herself in.

"Welcome to my studio, New Champion, I presume?"

"What? No! I haven't defeated Kou yet! I'm not a Champion, at least not here," Lucky refused the title.

"But soon you will be in an astonishing victory. An artist's instincts never lie," Kiko spun her chisel, "You being here is a sign. Not many visitors out here. The Kijimunas scare most creatures off."

"Eh? But I don't think you guys are scary at all!"

"Says the one who casually talks to an Oni," the artisan laughed, "And no, you athletes know how we works. I'm talking about common folks. They fear our pace.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself properly - I'm Kijimuna Kiko, cousin of the same great-grandfather to Kou, and as you can see, my specialty is in sculpture. No cutting off trees guaranteed. I use driftwood that washes up on the beach."

"I'm Lucky the Cat," the cathlete replied in the same manner, "I heard that you might need some help with your artist's block."

"Yes, the block, annoying buzz, and I'm quite keen to get it off me," Kiko said, "In fact, I'd like to start a new sculpture, but my poor knees are killing me. Would you grant me a kindness and bring me some wood?"

"Sure! They're found on the shore, right?" Lucky replied eagerly.

"Excellent! Three should be enough," Kiko nodded, "I shall remain here to draft out my idea, had you need some aid."

"Don't worry! I'll get you those wood before you know it!"

The cat was quite confident about her definition of 'driftwood'. After all, not much could be said about the kind. They were not of any specific species of tree, but rather just any random log finally boarding land after riding the waves. Lucky found a discarded piece of rope and turned it into a makeshift backpack, so she could carry the wood around until she found enough for Kiko.