Special 2: In the Blooming of Wisteria (Human AU)

A/N: This event takes place before the Championship on a similar timeline to that of the original

Maneki Lucky stood alone on the hill that ended the town where she was born, perched on the highest branch possible of a wisteria tree older than Wiira, gazing down at the houses and people. Beyond that, darkness was looming, but the lanterns lit on the street made a net of artificial stars, so that the town was free from the dark. Behind her, the sun was setting. An enormous scarlet orb that didn't feel as powerful as its midday form, yet it gave a strange sense. The sense of ending, as it set into the skyline, diving below the glistening that seemed to be the sea too far away for Lucky to view its full beauty.

Winds swayed the branches of unbloom flowers, and ruffled the girl's creamy-white hair. Lonely wings soared the cloudy sky, and she couldn't help but daydream again. Where the birds flew to, it was her forever question. Lucky had all it took to be an adventurer, but she could barely get out of town. For one because she was hesitant, the fearful kid in her was like bounding chains. And because she was the middle child in a family of five - there were responsibilities she couldn't let go so easily.

"Maybe next time," she whispered to herself, "Next time, I'll go with you."

Lucky slid down from the tree and quickly descended from the hill. She needed to be home before dark, which was about five minutes away, perhaps less, but that wasn't a problem. She wasn't known as the town's star athlete for nothing. Her feet could take her anywhere if she wanted.

Despite the bustling people, the streets were still cold. Lucky regretted not wearing shoes. She'd prefer going barefooted, but now her feet were freezing.

"Beru-nee-...! Rakki-nee!! Rakki-nee, come here, fast!" a boy suddenly came and pulled her along with him as he ran down the road and led her to a plain field that the town boys often used as their playground. Some adults, seeing how their kids enjoyed the place, brought in a goal, a hoop, a slide, and a small playhouse where they could temporarily shelter if it rained. Just like every Wiira villager, Lucky spent her childhood here. It's safe to say that her foundation as an athlete started in this very field. Despite being old and rough, it held memories.

Right now, however, reminiscence wasn't her concern, but the group of boys gathering by the slide. There was somebody in the middle of the tight circle, and Lucky picked up words talking worriedly about an injury.

"Did you get Beru-nee..? Ah, Rakki-nee!" another kid exited the circle and recognized her, "Can you heal Miteoru? He's hurt!"

"Meteor!? What happened?" Lucky asked with widened eyes.

"We were just playing around! But... um..."

"But we don't want to lose! Miteoru is an amazing player! So..."

"I... might've pushed him... I'M SORRY!!!" the kid bowed in front of Lucky as he apologized aloud.

"Don't do that! It's embarrassing!" the older girl waves her hands frantically, "And injuries happen all the time, you know. It's alright," she kneeled down to meet their eye level and gave them a reassuring smile, "Let me see what I can do, okay?"

Nodding, the kids scurried away from the one dirty blonde boy who was biting in his tears, shivering, both from the cold and the pain. He had a bleeding knee and a swollen ankle. Lucky gently patted him on the shoulder:

"Hey, Meteor, it's me. Can you move?"

"Rakki-nee..? Hai, just a little bit," he nodded. His voice trembling.

"That's good. Climb on my back. Slowly, okay? I can't treat that wound, but we'll be home with neechan before you know it!"

"Hai!" Meteor used his good leg to push himself a few inches from the ground and put his arms around his second sister's neck, then Lucky supported him with both hands underneath his buttocks to avoid hurting him further. Once he was safely seated on her back, she stood up straight, waved goodbye to the other kids, and proceeded to carry her younger brother home.