22.

"Itadakimasu~!"

Morgan, Vanille and Lucky chimed before gulping down the heavenly rich soup. The Tanooki City Noodle Shop lived up to its reputation. The owner worked fast yet no less effective, serving their orders just when their stomachs cried to the enchanting aroma of his signature soup. The noodles were a bit slingy but also fat that it gave the teeth some good work while its taste melted on the tongue, and each string was long it allowed them a nice deep breath. The tofu gave a nice addition to the meal, too. What could be better for celebrating their conquering of the second hardest Champion? And if not, it's a good fill for empty tired stomachs, better than dangos, which they had realized by now to not be able to refill everything they'd spent, every sweat dropped in the process.

Lucky set the bowl on the table, satisfied. She was the one who invited the other two here, knowing they're hungry after their matches, and her fifty-bowl coupon was worth sharing. She'd feel bad having all of those to herself, and she also didn't want to let the enthusiastic octopus down that she could never finish those noodles in her short seven days on this island before the Championship ended. After that, who knew? Lucky would just leave and let destiny carry her elsewhere, rather than staying behind. It gave her a sense of longing she didn't like.

Vanille gently wiped her mouth, her pink eyes glaring at the childhood friend on her left. He was devouring the second or third bowl, after asking Lucky if he could have seconds, and she agreed. Now he was in some sort of eating contest with a chubby white cat on the other side of the counter - an overweight body tucked terribly in a gym outfit, his mouth never seemed to stop chewing. The rabbit shook her head at how different two of the same species could be. That cat over there, in some sports clothing, looking like a total nuisance, running from his own problems. That carefree, food-addict attitude was concerning, for unless someone made a change in him, he'd, well, never care for anything happening around. And this cat here, Lucky, on her right, a small form in a shinobi costume, who was less than half of his size, was going heads on in difficult challenges. If she was to be described with one single adjective, it should be fiery - burning brightly every moment given, fueled by the excitement of this world and willing to share that flame inside.

"Sorry for my friend's oversized appetite," Vanille spoke to Lucky, smiling apologetically, "He needs to eat a lot or he'll fall asleep easily."

"It's okay! The owner gave me the discount for being an athlete, to 'energize' for the games. So it's natural that we share it as fellow athletes and eat to our heart's content!" Lucky replied, "Besides, if I am to have all those noodles for myself, then I'd be stuck here for a month before I knew it! With a gigantic stuffed belly!"

"That's true," Vanille laughed, "For an energetic creature, you sure are a light eater. How old are you? Fourteen?"

"Twelve, actually," the cat corrected, "I'm surprised you made a guess higher than my actual age. They usually mistake me for a primary kid!" Lucky pouted.

"That's because rabbits and cats are quite similar in size, so you're not that small if you ask me. Would you believe me if I said I'm nineteen?" the rabbit smirked.

"Sounds fair enough."

By the way Vanille acted, Lucky thought she was about in her early twenties. But nineteen? Well, reasonable.

The two girls enjoyed their chat for a while, which Lucky was grateful for, because she hadn't had much friends of the same interest to talk with, if not nobody at all. She was grateful for coming here, meeting Kitsune and Vanille - the kind of friend she never had before. Just then Vanille turned to smack Morgan on the head:

"Oi! You can stop there you glutton. Ten bowls is enough, you shouldn't take advantage of Lucky's kindness."

"Chill, it's not like I'm gonna straight out chew down everything." Morgan whined, but stopped giving more orders.