Chapter 14

After Jacob joined the pack became an even number again. That meant that patrols we're becoming shorter as more wolves were around during the day to patrol. Allison usually took night shift much to Lydia's displeasure.

Allison was strong when the moon was still in the sky.

During one of the wolves patrols a hiker saw Sam. They reported it and now there's news around Forks that there's a giant bear on the lose attacking hikers.

Charlie asked that everyone stayed out of the woods to keep safe but, Bella didn't listen to her father as she went into the woods one day to see Edward and her's meadow.

The once beautiful meadow was dead since winter wasn't to long ago and none of the flowers or plants had grown to their initial beauty yet.

Bella sighed as the last remaining part of Edward that she had left was ruined. That was until she heard a twig snap.

Out of the trees stepped a familiar vampire. He had long brown/black dreads and ruby red eyes that were darkened sleeve so slightly.

Bella seemed to finally come to her senses as she stared at Laurent.

"Laurent!" Bella called out in surprise and a bit of fear.

"Bella." Laurent said. "I went to visit the Cullen's but, they seemed to have left." Laurent said.

The fear in Bella increased as she sort of tuned in and out of the conversation. Especially when a ghost like Edward appeared and told her to lie.

Bella was terrible at lying and so Laurent became suspicious of her. He even went so far as to smell her hair before a twig snapped and Laurent's face turned from that of hunger to that of fear

"Impossible." Laurent muttered in complete surprise and fear.

Bella turned to see what he was staring at when two giant wolves came out of the woods and into the dead meadow. One was completely black as dark as a shadow almost and the other was a striking grey wolf that looked so beautiful and the fur looked as if it was made of satin.

The wolf's eyes was flickering from silver, to a golden hue that reminded Bella of the Cullen's to a fierce blood red just like vampires who drink human blood. It was an unsettling sight to see.

Laurent ran and the wolves all 6 of them even when the russet brown wolf stopped to stare at her, ran after the vampire. Bella ran home as fast as she could and told her father and Harry by extension, as he was with her father, about the giant wolves.

Charlie called out a hunting party as the police force and hunters started to search the woods for the giant wolves.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Allison was sleeping peacefully next to Lydia when Sam woke them up. "Allison, Lydia, come on we have training to do with Jacob." Sam shouted from outside the door.

Allison got up followed by a pouting Lydia who just wanted to snuggle back into Allison and go to sleep. It was early in the morning probably only 7 or 8 as the pack walked through the forest in the rain with only cargo shorts and shoes for the guys and a sports bra and thigh length shorts for the girls. Although Lydia had on Allison's leather jacket as well and was leaning into Allison as they walked.

They finally made it to the clearing of Jacob's home where he was just finishing up chopping the wood.

Jacob saw the pack and was walking towards them when Bella's iconic orange rust bucket of a truck rolled up into the drive way right behind Jacob.

Bella got out and her face turned to one of shock when she saw Jacob with short cropped hair, a tall body, and of course his muscles and pack tattoo on full display as he was only wearing shoes and cargo shorts.

"Jake!" Bella called out as Jacob kept walking. "Hey! You cut your hair off?" Bella said. "And, got a tattoo" Bella asked in a questioning tone. "Bella" Jacob whispered trying to hide all of his emotions behind a neutral facade.

"I thought you were too sick to come outside." Bella said. "Or pick up the phone when I call." Bella said again.

"Bella, go away." Jacob tried to tell her. He was just trying to follow his alpha's orders. Even if it hurt his soul to see the expression on her face when she looked at him. "What?" Bella asked confusedly, as if she hadn't heard him.

"Go away." Jacob repeated a bit louder. "What happened to you?" Bella asked. "What's wrong- Hey! What happened?" Bella yelled as Jacob turned around to start walking away again.

Jacob turned around again to face her. This hurt him way more than it could ever hurt her. "Did Sam get to you, is that what's happening?" Bella asked Jacob. Jacob's expression shifted from neutral to a more defensive one.

She didn't know what she was talking about. "Sam's trying to help me, don't blame him." Jacob said. "But if you want somebody to blame, how about those filthy blood sucker's you love, the Cullen's." Jacob said with a bit of anger in his tone of voice.

Bella stepped back as if she had been slapped in the face. "I don't know what you're talking about.' Bella said. "You know exactly what I'm talking about." Jacob said.

"You've been lying to everyone, Charlie, Allison, Lydia but, you can't lie to me. Not anymore Bella." Jacob said listing off the people he could think of. Although Allison and Lydia knew about vampires before he did, Bella still lied to them as well.

"Jacob." Sam's distant voice was heard from the forest where the pack walked out. "Jacob." Sam called and waved his hand. "Look Bella, we can't be friends anymore." Jacob said as a pain filled expression shifted across his face and Bella's.

"Look Jake, I-I know that I've been... Hurting you... It-It's killing me, it kills me, I just need like, give me more time or something..." Bella said before Jacob cut her off. "Don't." He said.

"It's not you." Jacob said. Bella looked at him in disbelief. "It's not you it's me right?" Bella said. "It's true, it is me, I'm not the same, I'm not good, I use to be, a good kid, not anymore." Jacob said in contempt.

"This doesn't even matter, not anymore, this is over." Jacob said. "You can't break up with me" Bella said before she paused realizing how it sounded and wanting to rephrase it.

"I mean, I mean you're my best friend, you promised me." Bella said with a quiver in her voice. "I know. I promised you I wouldn't hurt you Bella." Jacob said. "This is me, keeping that promise. Go home Bella, and don't come back, or you're going to get hurt." Jacob said as he turned around and jogged towards the pack.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Bella became slightly depressed and determined to find out a way to help Jacob and maybe her younger sister and her you her sister's best friend/ possible lover? Bella didn't know what the hell they were.