Chapter 28

Allison didn't remember much after she became injured.

All she could feel was this burning sensation and her bones trying to heal but it felt wrong somehow.

Like her bones weren't healing in a way that they should.

She'd had a lot of broken bones over her years as a demigod, she could remember her worst one was her Achilles heel being broken, it was a bitch to try and walk on it, she needed to use crutches for over two months.

Which was slow for a demigod.

If she wasn't a demigod she would've had permanent nerve damage from where the sword impaled her heel and severed a tendon.

Allison was mostly unconscious for their drive over to the pack house.

She was in and out of consciousness and all she could see, hear, or feel around her were the blurry faces of pack members, her soul bonded trying to reassure her and themselves that she'd be okay, and the bumpiness of the ride with her pack members carrying her.

It didn't take long, or at least not to Allison before they were at the pack house.

Allison could briefly hear the sounds of worried pack members (the imprints and Collin and Brady) all worriedly looking at her.

It was the first time the pups of the pack had seen one of their members badly injured.

Having not been around for the whole Allison trying to kill Victoria and avenge Harry injuries.

Allison was sat down gently on a bed in the spare room that the pack house had when Carlisle, who was allowed on to the reservation pulled up in his car with both Rosalie and Emmett anxiously behind him.

Both worried for their shared mate.

Carlisle was welcomed into the house by Sam who showed him where to find Allison and then heade everyone step outside so he had room to work.

Carlisle apparently had to reset many incorrectly healed bones and to do that he had to re-break them so for the next half hour all anyone in the pack could hear was snapping sounds and then blood curdling screams as if Allison was being tortured.

Everyone would flinch each time it happened and Leah was pacing which wasn't really helping matters.

"Why would she do that I had it!" Leah muttered angrily. Not at all blaming her soul bonded, but this is how she could relieve a bit of her stress and worry for the girl.

"Cut it out Leah." Paul retorted angrily.

Leah snarled at him stepping closer to Paul with her fangs bared.

Paul shook angrily also stepping forward.

Before both of them were grabbed.

Seth and Lydia grabbed Leah and Embry and Jared grabbed Paul pulling them away from each other.

"I know you're all worried but right now I need everyone to remain calm, your pack member is hurting and you guys fighting is not helping anything." Sam said calmly.

Everyone took in those words and conceded to his words.

They shouldn't make this harder on themselves and those around them because they were worried and couldn't express their feelings in ways that were healthy.

It took another half hour before the screaming was finished and Carlisle walked out of the house.

The pack was worried for the girl and Carlisle shook Sam's hand.

"She should be fine, her healing factor has kicked in and she should be healed within the next week or so. That being said, I did have to re-break most of her rib cage so she'll have a bit of trouble moving her torso, eating, and even breathing.

I've done everything that I can and so I'll be leaving you now." Carlisle said taking his medical bag with him before stopping in front of the two other vampires and members of his coven.

"She's asking for you." Carlisle stated with a small smile on his face.

Having seen the two grow into the amazing immortals that they are, Carlisle never regrets changing the two even if Rosalie resents him a bit for her new life.

It was slow going, especially with Rosalie's past, but once she opened up,.Rosalie became this whole other person.

It made him happy with how his little family would be having another new member.

Someone who would make an extraordinary mark on their lives.

Carlisle wasn't always one for big changes in his life, but if he was being honest with himself, really honest at that, he couldn't wait to see what this newest change and family member would do to change how they as a coven viewed the world.

Rosalie and Emmett nodded at their father figure.

Over the course of their almost a century long lives, they'd grown to know each other extremely well, they both knew the other was nervous and yet excited.

They'd heard rumors of third mates.

Though they were extremely rare.

What was even more incredible was that it was two different species.

They could tell that Allison wasn't necessarily apart of the tribe, her skin tone was too light, but they could tell she was powerful and important.

When they met her for the first time, they knew that the beautiful half sister of Bella Swan was going to change their lives.

Obviously at the time they didn't know how she would.

They were just certain that she would.

Thinking about this as they walked up the stairs of the pack house they thought long and hard about what was about to happen.

What should have happened awhile ago if they were being honest with themselves.

They were about to meet their third mate officially.

She wouldn't be able to run from them,name wouldn't be too distracted.

They'd finally get to just sit down and talk to one another and the idea made them both happy, yet also very scared.

They wondered what they could possibly find out about their other mate.

Maybe they'd learn of what she actually was.

Or maybe about why she was so close to Lydia and Leah.

They stood outside of her room for a minute before deciding to get it over with.

Like ripping a bandaid off of a wound.

It will sting for a second, but eventually it will fill like nothing ever happened.

Emmett reached for the door nob and slowly twisted it open.