Chapter 2

Olavs 𝘌𝘥𝘶𝘤𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘭 𝘊𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘳𝘦
𝘊𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘴 𝘖𝘧 𝘎𝘳𝘢𝘥𝘦 10

𝘖𝘶𝘳 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘴 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘮 𝘐 𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘥 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘶𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵: 𝘚𝘱𝘦𝘦𝘥=𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦/𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦.
On hearing that,I giggled.What i know is,I am Speed.
I now live at Otyta,near the hills of Waitita.The bell came ringing.
It is time for the nijamian students to eat-a kind of brunch after a breakfast. A friend of mine,Emma then raised a topic about W.O.N.D.E.R. Lab.
They had no idea of me being Speed.

"Who here has ever gone inside the W.O.N.D.E.R Lab?"Emma asked.
Out of the many answers,i recalled one that said:

"I've only been there to get a bottle of water."

I smiled. Not to be called a stranger I joined the conversation. Knowing fully well the answer,I asked:"Is it the government that owns the W.O.N.D.E.R Lab?"

"I don't know,but we know it houses the Speed."Muhammad replied.

"The Speed never stops,you can't see his face,why?"Precious,my female classmate asked with an inquisitive look narrowed at me.

"He is almost invisible,that's superspeed."I answered as i knew in my mind to hide my identity as the speed.

"Have you ever seen those guards at the gates of W.O.N.D.E.R Lab?They look like they've got coconuts stuffed in their arms."Qwyneth added as our class of 14 bursted into laughter.

Now it was closing time,having had a good day at school with the 3 O'clock afternoon sun sending down its scorching rays down on me.As i approached the school gate,my Speed sense,more like the ancient spiderman's tingle sprung into action.
A school bus was reversing back into the premises for a car to have its way out of the school. A small lovely boy was few centimetres from the  bus. With my bag on,I sprung into speed,everything becomes slow,everything stopped moving. To me,it took five minutes for an object to cover
a millimetre distance. I sped fast,grabbed the boy and back I was to my former position. Nobody noticed anything,even the naive little kid didn't too.
The thought flashed through my mind,then I knew it was time to head for W.O.N.D.E.R Lab
******
Finally,I arrived at my disguise condo,a small bungalow built with mostly timber. It was raised one meter high above the ground.
I opened the door,there it was,my plate of beans."Good afternoon,Grandpa."I greeted with a look of salvation. Beans!!!

"Good afternoon,Lil Rahman"He replied heartily handling the plate of beans to me.I have come to love this old white haired man's food.
I was done with the food quickly." Nimah is here"Grandpa Yakbell announced. Out of surprise,I belched.

"That's good,I've missed her,so much." I said with a coyly smile.Hmm,good bad boy!!!
Nimah is a close friend,she stays upstate of the Nijam. She's part of the team speed.
I think she's got a thing for me.Anyways,I'll be meeting the rest of the team today.Kadri and Fatah do spend the night over at the Lab Kadri is our computer genie,I call him the CPU-Cental Processing Unit
And Fatah is the big techie.Lastly my ever young grandpa is my wisdom giver. The W.O.N.D.E.R is keeping a high profile secret,only the team Speed know this. It is a plan to release well trained special force to improve security in the country

"It's time to go Lil Rahman."Grandpa Yakbell declared.By a dab on the wall,the floor opens circularly to reveals the Transporter. A two seater cart,moving on rails. We took our seats as the glass dome like cover closes over our head. This transport system is known to only W.O.N.D.E.R Lab.

"Welcome Yakbell,welcome Speed" The Transporter said. It is an AI programme.

"Where exactly should I drop you off?" It asked.

"Our Lab." I replied with my deep voice. " The destination 1.763 mile from here." The Transporter announced.

"Strap and tighten your seat belts." The Transporter commanded as the seat belts automatically strap us up. "Top speed we travel. Will be there in 1.06 minute." The Transporter said as the jet engine jerked and propelled us forward at top speed.

"It's been a long time since I've been to the W.O.N.D.E.R Lab" The Transporter said.

"Be quiet" I ordered. It instantly shuts itself up.

"The Speed,I think we should go around and see the W.O.N.D.E.R Canal." The Transporter suggested. Then my eyes met with my Grandpa's.

"Keep quiet."Grandpa Yakbell and I ordered in harmony. The transporter keeps shut again.

"You know,I have.." I interrupted the Transporter as I put it on mute mode.
Peace reigned. Finally got to W.O.N.D.E.R Lab,we went up the building to the top floor. The W.O.N.D.E.R Lab has only five floors. The first floor which is used as museum and a market to exhibit technological gadgets. It is also the food vendor.

The second floor is where the W.O.N.D.E.R Agency Protocol agents are trained. The third floor is the power house of the whole building while the fourth floor has few trained employees coordinating W.O.N.D.E.R Lab's communication and transportation.

The top floor is where I meet my guys (team Speed) for  ways forward in dealing with national threats.
*

**
The doors of the elevator opened,we entered. "Look who is here?" Kadri announced heartily. There she was,Nimah turned,with all vigor she ran to embrace me. Boom!

"Oh,surprised." I said letting her gently out of my arms as her bosoms retreats away from my chest. She stood there,dumbstruck. She was blank with no words to say. Look of awe in her face. I took her into my arms again."It's been so long,Hameed." She said as she finally caught hold of her breath.
But damn it's been so long,the last time we saw was in the W.O.N.D.E.R clinic receiving treatment after the Koga mayhem where I was,badly injured.
She clung to my arms,never wanting to let go. We stood in each other's arms in silence.

"It's okay guys,I think it's time for work." Fatah,the always serious one said.