Chapter 4

5:11 pm
W.O.N.D.E.R Confinement.
450 metres below W.O.N.D.E.R Lab.

My phone rang,a voice call from Nimah. She's now back at Sakota.

"Hey,Nimah. How're you?" I asked.

"Fine,I'm kinda busy these days." Nimah announced.

"Why is that so?" I asked.

"I've been with the government humanitarian aid team trying to get things back to normal at the Rabah council." She said.

"How 'bout you?" She asked.

"I'm about to go talk with our new guy at the confinement." I replied.

"But,you are not the one who's supposed to do so." She said.

"Grandpa said it's my turn." I answered.

"Please,don't get too close to him." She said with a voice showing care and concern.
I chuckled revealing the hollow dimples I got from my Mum.

"Don't worry,he won't bite. Bye for now." I bade.

"OK,take care,bye." She said as I hung up the call.
A momentous sigh came down my chest. Everything set and in order,the ash steel door opened. The tornado guy had his hands cuffed to the fifteen centimetres thick iron table right in the center of the square room.
I dropped my files...his criminal files on the table then I took my seat oppositely across maintaining a one point five metre distance.

"Good evening,Mr Rashad." My greetings were met with a cold numb stare. Tears rolled down his cheek. Then he shoved his arm across his face to wipe off his tears.

"What's wrong,Mr Rashad?" I asked with a straight face.

"Three years ago," he started "..over there in Sakota,I lived peacefully with my wife." He paused and continued. I was now trying to digest the content.

"Our village head had his way with my wife and.... " fast trickles of tears rolled down his eyes. "...he raped her to death. She was carrying our first child. A servant of the village head palace had told me. In agony,I went for justice in the right way but all went in vain." He said as he gulped rolls of saliva down his throat.

"Take it easy,nice and slow." I suggested.

"Instead,the village head and his cohorts framed me of rape and then banished me out of their land."

"Then?" I enquired eager to know more.

"Having no where to go,I headed for upper Northern regions. An offer to join a false justice force came,so I took it." He said as he let out a thin smile.

"And what force is that?" I asked cornering my glance. It's been long I smashed rebels after the Mayhem in Koga.

"The Al-Waall force is a militant criminal organization far from our dear earth." He announced and that gave me a relief.

"They take creatures of all sorts in and inject them with powerful mutative serums,if you're are lucky enough,it bonds with your body,you won't die." He said as he shuddered,he was now feeling free.

"In a span of two years,they have trained me and here I am. For the pay back." He said.

"Now,what next?" I asked

"They're coming for me,my new family." He said as he relaxed his shoulders on the chair he sat on.

"When Waall comes,don't try any confrontation. You can't beat him." He added.

"I can beat anyone." I assured him despite feeling the usual fear.

"He has a whole army of mutants,but just whoop his ass and I'll be glad." He said said as he let out a big inspiring smile.
"Who gave birth to you?" He asked as he fixed his gaze on me. I kept mute.

"You have mass murdered and displaced some homeless. You shall now wait for your sentence." He didn't even seem bothered

"Thank you for your full cooperation." I said as I turned a tail and head for the door. In my mind,I thought:" Another good man was misled."