Chapter 2

WARNING: Use of the word "sissy" and barf

Also what would you prefer the update schedule to be? I don't want it to be too overwhelming but also underwhelming in the sense I take too long.
—————————————————————

Davey smiled and walked in before Jack, who held the door open like a gentleman. He looked around the room, shying away from all of the eyes on him.

A kid with a crutch came up to him, wearing someone's leather jacket. Davey knew it had be someone else's from how large it fit on him. "Hey, I'm Crutchie."

Davey furrowed his brows in confusion—surely, he finds that offensive—but he ignored it, figuring he's heard worse. "I'm Davey."

"Believe me, I know", Crutchie chuckles, shaking his hand. "Jack here's been gushin' about you since last year!"

All the guys laugh as Davey smiles and turns to Jack, who blushes and tries to calm the guys down. "You's bashin' ears, Crutch. Makin' my head hurt."

Crutchie laughed, walking away with a, "Yeah, yeah." Davey chuckled, too, walking further into the room. While looking around, he bumped into the same redhead Race pointed out earlier, and he was less than happy to see him.

"Who's this wet rag?" He looked Davey up and down, judgment in his eyes. "He don't look like he's been around here before."

Davey internally panicked, finding Jack nowhere to be found. Where is he when you need him to be? Davey tried to smile, but the redhead glared at him more.

"Settle down, puppy dog", Race smiled, placing his cigar in his mouth as he waltzed into the conversation. "He belongs here."

"Says who?"

"Says Jackie Boy. And you know first hand not to screw around with Jackie Boy's things."

The redhead—what even is his name?—looked Davey up and down again. "Davey?"

"Yeah", he responded, putting out his hand. "You?"

"Albert", the redhead says, spitting in his hand. Davey tore his hand away, leaving him confused. "What?"

"That's disgusting", Davey gushed, leaving all of the boys laughing. Furrowing his brows, he jumped when a familiar arm was wrapped around his shoulders. He looked up, seeing Jack's smile.

"Sorry 'bout that", he apologized, kissing Davey's forehead. "Had to help Specs with somethin'."

Davey nodded as if he knew exactly who he was talking about, smiling back. "You're cool."

"I know", Jack winked, staring into Davey's eyes for a small time, before turning his head to where Mike started playing music. "Alright!"

He turned to an anxious Davey, smiling widely as he grabbed his hands.

"Let's dance."

——————

"You danced with him?!" Sarah nearly dropped her books as she walked with her little brother and Katherine to school. "Davey!"

"I know", Davey sighed, his books tighter near his side as he passed by a group of greasers. "But he's really sweet, and his friends are nice."

"Davey, you don't even know if he..." Katherine sighed as she looked around, pulling Davey closer. "You don't even know if he likes guys."

"Well, he kissed me, so..." Sarah and Katherine gasped as Davey shrugged, walking faster. "I'd say that seals the deal."

"Oh", Katherine smacked, placing her hands on her face. "Oh, God!"