Chapter 7

"So, you really ain't never been on this side of the city?" Davey shook his head, grinning.

"My parents keep us pretty sheltered", Davey says, placing his hands into Jack's leather jacket. The taller gave it to him a while back. "It's pretty annoying, but it's necessary, I guess."

Jack nodded, not really knowing what he was talking about. He never understood how someone could be okay with staying in their box. He's never had to do that.

Even when his parents were around, they never tried to force him to do things he didn't want to; they never told him to be one thing. Especially his mom.

Jack smiled at the thought of her. She would've loved him. "Where does dearest Davey desire to go?"

The younger giggled a bit, looking around. "The subway."

"The subway?"

"Yes", Davey nodded, smiling. "I've only been on it...maybe twice?"

"Seriously? You've lived in The Big Apple your whole life, and ain't never been on the subway?"

Davey shrugged and chuckled quietly, looking around. There were people passing, mothers holding their kids' hand, men with their brief cases and fancy suits. "Can you believe we'll be one of these people one day?"

Jack looked around him. "Nah, I ain't gonna be like not one of these bums."

"Oh, yeah?" Jack nodded, climbing onto a light pole. "And why's that?"

"'Cause I'm king of New York!" Jack shouted with a wide grin on his face, laughing boisterously until he saw a certain officer coming towards him. "Shit!"

He began running as Davey followed him, his smile still present. He could hear Officer Asshole running after him, and looked to find Davey right next to him.

Yes! This is what he's been waiting for; a chase. The feeling of adrenaline running through his veins, his legs having no where to run but forward, his chest burning for air.

It hurt, but he loved it. And it's what he wanted.

He had to get out of here.

"Jack!" Davey panted as he chased the taller boy, trying to catch up. "Jack! Jack! Stop! He's gone!"

Jack slowed his pace as he breathed deeply, looking around for an alleyway. He grabbed Davey's hand and pulled him into one. Davey looked around. "What are you-"

Jack pushed him him against the wall, kissing him roughly. Davey's eyes widened before they fluttered into a close as he began to melt like putty into the kiss. He was aware of the possibility of someone finding them, but he couldn't care less. He really couldn't care less.

Jack pulled away, smiling widely. "That was amazing!"

"I know", Davey says breathlessly, still in the aftershock of the kiss. "What are we talking about?"

Jack laughed joyously, jumping around. "That was- I don't know! I just saw him and started...started runnin'! Oh, gee, Dave, tell me that wasn't fun, huh? Tell me it wasn't!"

Jack was really getting off on this. Davey had to admit it was fun breaking the binary, running instead of shying away out of fear. He also kind of liked the somewhat wild look in Jack's eyes. One subject at a time. "Who was that guy?"

Jack licked his lips as he looked off into the distance, outside of the alley. "It might've been that guy that locked me up."

Davey's eyes widened. "Oh."

"He's been patrollin' around here for a while. I didn't expect to see him today."

"Yeah, well", Davey looks down, his face flashed red, "maybe you should get chased by him more often."