Chapter 19

So, I left early:) I'll be on time twice (yes!)

Anyway, I didn't want to put you guys through pain (plus I'm lazy and noticed I was kind of dragging this out) so time skip of a month.

Hope you enjoy!
—————————————————————

"And what can I get you?" Jack smiled at a customer, holding the notepad in his hand. This job wasn't so bad.

He got free living at the back the store, as long as he helped out with the customers and accepted payment orderly. He had just about enough to buy a train ticket and book it out of here, and that's all he needed.

"I'll take one of the specials, please", a nice older lady says, grinning brightly. Jack nods.

"We'll get to you soon, alright?" Jack closed the notepad and winked at the lady. "I know you won't be young forever."

She giggled as Jack walked away to the counter, walking behind it and making a sandwich.

There were times when he thought about his friends. He hadn't seen them in a few weeks, and he could only hope they were doing well.

He imagined they were better off without him; going to school, enjoying it. Race was always a better leader than him, and he would swear by that.

The bell attached to the door rang, meaning another customer.

"I've got it, Mr. J!" He quickly prepared the sandwich and brought it to the nice old woman, a happy smile on his face. He tightened his apron before walking over to the next table, preparing his notepad. "Hi, welcome to Jacobi's! What can I-"

He didn't realize it before, he didn't even see her. He would later blame himself for not bowing in the presence of her, much less knowing she arrived.

"Medda."

She stared concernedly, her hands together as she looked up at the boy she saw as her son. He swallowed nervously, placing the notepad down slowly, afraid to offend her in some way.

"Sit down."

"Yes, ma'am."

——————

"Non so cosa vuoi che faccia!"

"¡Necesito que ayudes a Romeo! ¡No dejará de llorar!"

"Smettila di urlarmi contro! Perché mi urti sempre contro?!"

"¡Race, tú eres el líder! ¡Haz tu trabajo!"

"I don't know what you're saying!"

Race and JoJo sighed, the blonde rubbing his forehead from the killer headache he's had for the past few days. From anger, and sadness, and pressure, he's barely had a vacation.

Their little "union" was falling apart.

Jack ran away.

Davey hasn't come back.

The rally idea fell to shambles.

And no one has decided to pull their pants up and walk with high knees. Race was left by himself in this, with minimum help from Blink and JoJo.

"I don't know what to do", Race sighed, shaking his head. "Everything's falling apart."

JoJo hummed, not being able to do anything but agree. The very heart of this place has run away, and Medda tried to make it better, but it wasn't the same. No one was going around teasing everyone lovingly, stoping fights. Mike and Ike gave each other bloody noses before Blink could stop them.