I'm Seriously Not Fascinating

Chifuyu was dazed reading the file containing about Minato Amane's murder, that sent Janus Carlson to the death penalty. Chifuyu's dumbfounded expression made Taylor concerned, waiting and remaining silent as he watched him until Chifuyu closes and puts down the folder next to him on the sofa.

"So?" Taylor asked him as Chifuyu leaned his back on the sofa and rested his right elbow on top of the backrest while crossing his legs.

"'So' what?" Chifuyu responded with a deliberate stupid face.

"What do you mean 'so what'?!" Taylor grumbled, "Aren't you going to do something about it? An investigation? Or do you not understand anything?" he begins to question Chifuyu.

"The unfortunate thing is, this closed case is two years old and I honestly don't see anything wrong with it." Chifuyu said in his usual lounge and carefree tone, "I might need to question Vinz himself; do you know where he lives?" he asked Taylor, before sinking into his own thoughts once more.

"The letter was sent from an address; do you want to try going there?" Taylor suggested, but Chifuyu remained silent and his eyes were lost to the direction of the floor. "Hey, are you listening?" Taylor slaps him back to reality.

"Oh, yeah." Chifuyu responded in a somewhat hurried tone, making Taylor curious.

"Were you thinking about something?" Taylor asked him.

"The fact that the victim is Japanese bothered me," Chifuyu turned somewhat serious abruptly, confusing the detective across the room. "But I also have a plan, will you listen to me?" Chifuyu's mischievous smirk rose on his face.

"I have a bad feeling about this..." Taylor mumbled.

Chifuyu went to the address where the letter originated from unaccompanied, it was an abandoned house at the edge of Paris and the neighbourhood was empty. Silence filled the atmosphere as Chifuyu stepped into the building, then continued by scanning his surroundings with his blue eyes without making much movements of his head, just glancing around as he walks further into the building.

"I knew you'd come to question me," a voice made Chifuyu turn his head around, and a figure of a boy around the same age as him approached him. "I'm Vinz Carlson, nice to meet you, Tsuguha." The young man extending his hand, expecting to shake hands with the 17-year-old.

"Nice to meet you," Chifuyu bowed politely, ignoring Vinz's extended hand. "You are precise, I did arrive here expecting to ask you a few questions regarding your claims about the case, I wanted to know your perspective of the issue." A sly smirk was on Chifuyu's face, a mysterious smile that made Vinz pause for a few seconds.

"He's... He's really hard to read..." was the thought in Vinz's head as he looked into Chifuyu's furtive blue eyes, "Surely a prodigy investigator such as you would like an explanation from me to understand the situation better, very expected though. Should we find somewhere to sit to discuss?" a small smile rose on his face, while Chifuyu's eyes twitched slightly as his eyes switched into a sharp gaze.

"Sure, I'll follow you." Chifuyu's eyes returned to normal instantly as he smiled, and he began following Vinz into the backyard of the building. Vinz sat down on a wooden bench and Chifuyu sat down on another across Vinz, "Is it okay if I record our discussion? I would like to present it to my mentor," Chifuyu asked him as he reached into his jacket for a small voice recorder.

"That won't be needed, my explanation is short and it would be easy for you to remember it entirely." Vinz had a dark smile on his face.

"Alright, I'm listening." Chifuyu folded his arms as he leaned his back on the backrest of the bench, his eyes locked to Vinz's face.