Speaking Up

Snow had covered the outdoors, causing everyone to dress in layers for the cold weather. Taylor was organizing his papers in the office in the morning when Chifuyu walked in, yawning and sat down on the sofa across the room from Taylor's table. He showed up in a dark brown fur-hooded duffle coat worn over a black long sleeve turtleneck shirt, paired with the same trousers and foot wear as his casual clothing, dressed for the weather.

"You came right on time, Chifuyu, the results of the autopsy have come out." Taylor took a folder of documents he left separated from the else at the edge of his table, "The body was identified as none other than Markus Crystal, the man who went missing a few days ago." He told Chifuyu.

"So, he was murdered and cut to pieces." Chifuyu averted his eyes for a few moments, "Have your men check other trash bins in Paris?" he asked.

"They did, but they didn't find anything. Even already checked the disposal centre, and we found nothing." Taylor replied.

"It's been a few days, but the head, left arm, and right leg aren't found yet..." Chifuyu touched his chin as he thinks, "What about the suspects? Anyone so far?" he asked again.

"We have 35-year-old Cesar Cristopher, who was Markus Crystal's golf friend. Then there's Julie May, who is Markus Crystal's significant other." Taylor replied, "We already brought them in for questioning; Ms. May was too devastated to speak properly and she said she was with her friends. Then Mr. Cristopher explained that he was golfing on the day of Markus Crystal's disappearance," He explained.

"Do they have an alibies?" Chifuyu raised a brow.

"Ms. May does have an air-tight alibi, but Mr. Christopher isn't totally clear."

"Does he have relatives or a family?"

"He lives with his wife, Megan Cristopher."

"Can you give me the address? I want to ask her a few questions about her husband," Chifuyu asked.

"I'm going with you," Taylor glared at Chifuyu.

"Fine..." Chifuyu looked away with his chin lifted, reluctant and too lazy to argue.

"Taylor Anderson, Senior Investigator of Paris Police Investigation Department." Taylor showed his ID to the woman who opened the door, to the house owned by the Cristopher couple. "This is my assistant, Tsuguha Chifuyu." He introduced Chifuyu, and the 17-year-old bowed politely.

"Oh, welcome." Megan welcomed them.

"Is your husband home?" Chifuyu asked her.

"No, he's currently out for work."

"Understood. Well, we would like to have a chat with you and ask you a few conversations about your husband." Taylor smiled friendlily.

"Of course, please come in." Megan welcomed them into the house and they sat down in the living room together. "Cesar wasn't home during the time, and he went golfing." She answered Taylor's question.

"Did he go alone?"

"I'm not sure, he didn't tell me."

"It's really cold in here, why is that?" Chifuyu glanced up to the air conditioner and saw it was set to a quite low temperature.

"Oh, Cesar said it's getting hot since a few days ago. But we might light up the warmer since winter has started," Megan replied.

"That by itself is already suspicious..." Chifuyu thought as he averted his eyes, "Do you mind if we take a look around?" he asked the woman, and Taylor paused for a few seconds since he doesn't remember arranging a house search when they decided to come here.