Au Revoir, et Merci

"How was the trial?" Taylor was in the office with Jeffrey, in a chilly Monday morning.

"There were a few bumps here and there, but it went well." Jeffrey replied, "The victim's family had another break down, but they're fine at the end." He added, just before the door was opened.

"Bonjour," Chifuyu was in the doorway, with a grin on his face already dressed in his own warm clothing.

"Huh??" Jeffrey paused.

"Chifuyu??" Taylor jumped up from his chair, "You didn't run away, did you?" he questioned him as Chifuyu sat down on the sofa in the room.

"No, I didn't... I was discharged, Lucas picked me up." Chifuyu grumbled, "I'm finally out of that box of a room, liberté..." he sighed.

"Were you proscribed with anything? Did you take your medicine?" Taylor asked him.

"Calm, old man... I already had my pills, and I have my inhaler I bring everywhere." Chifuyu responded lazily, even showing his inhaler he pulled out from the pocket of his coat.

"You seem well..." Jeffrey said sarcastically, quickly noticing Chifuyu has returned to his usual arrogant and mischievous self.

"You too, Jerry." Chifuyu sneered.

"Je-"

"-Anyways, what's in store for me for today?" Chifuyu didn't give Jeffrey the opportunity to be offended, and smirked.

***

It has been two weeks since Chifuyu was discharged, everything was pretty much running as normal. Eve was in her room in the chilly Sunday, she was turning on her fireplace to make her room warmer when she heard a knock on her window.

"Chifuyu-kun?" Eve saw Chifuyu wave to her from outside the closed window with a grin on his face, "It's really cold today, huh?" she smiled after opening the window.

"It really is, but I like it." Chifuyu jumped into her room, landing on the carpet under the window to clean his snowy boots while Eve closed the window. "I'm fond of winter," he snickered.

"Even though I live at a different house now, it doesn't seem to change Chifuyu-kun's habit of visiting me through my window." Eve thought as she smiled, "Were you doing something before this?" she asked him, since he was dressed in his Alabaster getup.

"Oh, absolutely nothing." Chifuyu shook his head, but sneered after.

"I don't believe you!" Eve was thrown off by it, quick enough to know he was lying. "What- Umph! H-Hey!!" Chifuyu threw his white cloak over Eve, she was caught off guard.

"Calm down, mademoiselle. I didn't do anything bad, okay?" Chifuyu was in front of her face when she removed the cloak from over her head, "I just went to have a little fun, that's all." Chifuyu took his mask attacked to his waist and puts it on his face as he smirked.

"And by 'a little fun' you mean..." Eve was already suspecting the one thing Chifuyu considers to be entertaining.

'The Alabaster's Most Puzzling Act Yet!' was the headlines of the news when Eve dragged Chifuyu downstairs to the television and turned it on, which Taylor eventually came in and watched the television also.

"I was actually called to take in this case," Taylor just came from his office to take a phone call, "They also recommended your assistance, isn't that ironic?" he sighed.

"Well, I'll leave this puzzle to you, vieil homme. It wouldn't be fun if I joined in, wouldn't it~?" Chifuyu sneered as he took off his mask to attach it back on his belt.