Chapter 3

Elena POV

we finally had arrived at home in italy. i couldn't sleep because of the nightmares i had throughout the plane ride.my brothers were there and comforting me.

We were now at the house. One of my brother's drivers drove us there, and I still remember clearly how big my eyes were as I stared at the size, even though sleep was trying to enter my body.

I never even knew such luxury or money had even existed, it was always in my wildest dreams. But now, in my reality even coming up to the gate was a surreal moment. It was bigger than big.

Expensive things were gleaming at every corner of the house, and I didn't even know where to look half the time.

The ceilings were so high and tall making my small frame feel even more frail. I felt so tiny compared to them, to everything right now.

"You should go to sleep." a voice said. i looked and it was mason who i had heard.

I flinched as I felt a hand on my shoulder immediately pulling back at the sudden abrupt touch. I looked back at Mason who stood behind me with his face laced with concern.

"Just a bit jumpy," I say, giving him a weary smile rubbing my tired eyes. I couldn't hold back the yawn that was coming either.

I just couldn't help it, I was so tired. The whole no sleeping thing was getting to me quickly. I hadn't had a good night of rest in a while and my mind was heavy with rest, but also with grief.

I knew I just couldn't just lay my head down and hope for the best. My mind always spinned when I did that, anyways,

Mason looked at me. His eyes stared back at me as he towered over my small frame. It looked as if he was about to say something, but Alex had interrupted.

"Come on, sweetheart, I'll show you to your room." Alex said as he started to walk upstairs and i walked behind him.

My bag was strapped on my back and ready to go. I knew I was tired, and I knew that my mind was almost at rest, but I couldn't go to bed just yet so I figured I could just read a book.

"C-could I stay up for a little longer?" I questioned peering my eyes at Alex who stood in front of me ready to take me to my room. "Please."

"It's twelve," Dylan said, reminding me of the late time. "And besides, you're nearly passed out."

"And it's no time for a girl your age to stay up this late," Jason said, technically agreeing with the rest.

"But -"

"Listen to them," said Mason with his eyes on my own staring at me. I could feel myself shrink slowly just at his gaze.

"You're tired, Elena. You hadn't slept on the flight, nor on the car ride and it's late. You should be in bed."

I sighed deeply knowing he was right. I hadn't slept a wink on the flight, nor on the car ride. And I was pretty tired, but I just really didn't want to sleep at all.

My head was slightly pounding, and my mind hurt, despite how much it needed rest.

My eyes wandered over to Alex's hand he placed in front of me to take.

"Come on, you're tired, sweetheart. Let's go."

Hesitantly, I placed my small hand in his noticing how much bigger it was compared to mine, yet fitting perfectly.

His perfect Elena green eyes looked back at me as he guided me up the grand stairs of the house.

"Goodnight, Elena," Jason said looking at me with a small smile. "Welcome home."