4. Arcade

Adding some more Olive per request of my sib ;)

Driving to the Pizza Plex was a nightmare. The weekends in Summer were always busy, but on a particularly sunny day like this, every one and their grandmother were booking it down to the beach as fast as their cars could take them. And that meant you were stuck in traffic, millions of angry mothers smashing their car horns and the sun making you slowly die in your stuffy no-ventalation car. Not the best start to your day.

But it got just that little bit worse when you saw Olive giving Cindy, fucking, Lou a piggyback in the Pizza Plex car park.

"Y/N" Olive smiled deviously, "Candence here has said some very interesting things about you. Care to explain?"

You gulped, smiling sheepishly to hide the absolute pain you felt on the inside.
"How are you two related to each other, exactly?" You chocked out instead, drumming your fingers on your arm nervously. At least you knew the girl's real name now; calling her by an insult/nickname for all this time had gotten annoying.

"She's my daughter, dimwit." Olive's eyes danced with delight as she watched you squirm, gently setting Cin-Candence on the floor so she could run around.

"OHHH. Good to know. Great! Wonderful. Fantastic...?" Saying things that made sense was becoming more and more difficult under Olive's stare. Candence could have told her anything, including all the mean things that you'd said to her in the beginning.

Olive was quiet for a moment, her lip a thin line and her expression burning with the flames of hell itself. This was not good. Like, at all. This could be the end of your career. Or worse, your life.

"I will do anything!" You burst out, barely keeping yourself from flinging onto your knees and begging for mercy, "anything, I promise."

Olive was silent for another moment, deciding you fate. But suddenly, her lips twitched into a smile and she burst out into roaring laughing, the awful ragged sound ringing out through the car park. Your jaw dropped as you watched her wheeze, bracing her hands on her knees so she didn't topple over from the effort.

"What the fuck?!?" You mumbled, unsure of whether to call an ambulance or not.

It was a long while before Olive could string words together again, but when she could, she managed to say; "Y/N, I like you! Honestly, you're so easy to fool." Still wiping a few stray tears from her eyes, she crouched down and let Candence hop into her arms again, "This little bugger only had good things to say about you! I'm not angry at all - I'm pleased! And about that nickname - I call her 'Cindy Lou' as well."

You groaned, a hot blush spreading across your cheeks. This wicked, evil woman had tricked you again, but this time she had made a fool of you! You crossed your arms firmly across your chest, scoffing. "whatever! Your far too annoying to be around right now so I'm going to work." Hiding your face, you stormed into the Pizza Plex, flinging open the door dramatically as you went.

Finally, you reached Bonnie Bowl and slumped down into one of the uncomfortable plastic chairs. You sighed.
"Bonnie!" You called, "It's me, Y/N." You waited for a moment, excited to vent about how annoying adults could be. No reply. You stood up and glanced around curiously, but you couldn't see him anywhere in the bowling alley. Maybe there was a scheduled time Bonnie would be let out of his room?

You checked. He wasn't there. Went to the ice-cream parlor. Wasn't there. You sighed again, swinging your arms at your sides.

"You know what happened to me this morning, Bonnie?" You said, using your voice so that Bonnie could hear you, where ever he was, "I just had another confirmation that adults are the worst. You know Olive, the manager? Yeah. She tricked me into thinking that I was about to get fired all for her amusement. I was like a puppet in her evil little show! Like, seriously." There was still no reply.