16. They Finally Admit it

You groaned, trying to shake a little she-devil child off your trail. She'd been following you around Bonnie Bowl the moment her parents left her here - no wonder the wanted to get rid of her.

Despite the weeks you'd spent working your ass off for children, you hadn't warmed up to them all that much. Sure, there had been moments where you thought kids weren't that bad, but then you were reminded what they really were - the spawn of Satan.

"Pweeeease gimme some free icecweam!" The girl begged, toddling around as fast as her little legs could carry her, "I'll be extra good!"

You sighed, crouching down to the girls leave. Time to crush her dreams.
"Sorry, Maggie. You see, we here at Fazbear entertainment only care about one thing - that sweet sweet cash. So unless you hand some over, then it's a no."

Maggie squinted her eyes, her delicate white lashes almost touching her cheek. "FINE! But if you are fired tomorrow, DON'T come crying to me!" With that, she sauntered off into the buzz of kids at the entrance to the arcade.

"That kid's got some nerve!" You muttered to yourself. It wasn't the worst thing a six year-old had said to you, so that was a win in your book.

Slugging back to the icecream stall, you stole a glance at Bonnie. He, completely opposite to you, was smiling and talking to all the kids surrounding him. Why was he so perfect? It was totally unfair. Not only because he made you look like a unqualified shitbag in comparison, but because it made your heart tick faster than usual. Which, you'd come to realize, was not normal thing to happen when looking at your coworker.

For once, you hadn't talked to him this morning. It was probably for the best - you didn't want another messy panic attack like you had yesterday. God, why were you such an idiot!

"Still don't really have a way with kids, huh?"

You squeaked, not daring to look up from the counter. During your inner monolog, you hadn't realized the one animatronic you'd been desperately keeping your eye on had snuck up to your side. Way to go.

"N-nope. Unfortunately, I don't think any matter of training will help me get a long with them. I think it's something to do with my face - does my makeup make me look scary?"

Bonnie scoffed, "Of course not. Quite the opposite, actually..."

The words dissolved into silence. You cringed. If you didn't do something, things would be awkward for eternity. So, taking a deep breath, you looked Bonnie in the eye.
And immediately blushed. But that wasn't the point.

"I'm just gonna say it now - I'm sorry for, um, yesterday. That was weird, and I-I don't know what I was thinking. Probably just lack of sleep making me go crazy. My point is; don't look into it. I hope we don't have to be insanely awkward forever?"

You forced a cheesy smile onto your face, hoping against hope that Bonnie would believe you. It's not that you were lying or anything - totally.
And to your relief, Bonnie nodded.

"I understand - well, actually, I don't, because animatronics don't sleep... b-but I know what your getting at. It's fine. I... don't like you either."

Even as peace flooded your veins, your smile faltered. Maybe, somewhere deep in the dark corners of your mind, you'd wanted him to like you....

To like you back...

"GREAT!" You said all too loudly, "that's GREAT news. Can't wait to see you tomorrow night. At the fundraiser. Morgan's gonna be there. As will I. And you. Obviously." Forcing a hard laugh, you booped Bonnie on the nose and basically ran as far away as you possible could. Once again, you'd been a complete dumbass and ruined everything - and also finally admitted to yourself you liked this pain-in-the-ass animatronic. Out of anyone in the world, why did it have to be him? Yes, he was loveable, and was one of the only people that actually wanted to be around you, but this was far too weird. Bonnie was still an animatronic, and there was no way something like that could possibly work out. Things couldn't possible get worse from here....

But that's when Bonnie followed you.

"This really isn't a good time!" You yelled over your shoulder. You suppressed a shiver. Even with your back turned, you could tell Bonnie was hurt. But still he followed you. And suddenly you were cornered and there he was, his hands pressed into the wall behind you, his chest nearly touching your own.

It was kinda hot. But you didn't allow yourself to think like that and dug your nails into your arm.

"Y/N... you've been acting real strange recently. Is it something I did? Because I totally understand - humans and animatronics aren't supposed to be together, and I'm completely and utterly in the wrong for ever thinking that, and if I'm being too forward-" he sighed, "I'm sorry. If I ever made you uncomfortable... I just really like you."

In that moment, your entire body froze - apart from your heart, which was beating far too fast. Air caught in your throat and heat flushed at your cheeks.

"You... liked me?" A million thoughts bounced around your skull, catching your attention for less than a second at a time before a new one did.

"Wasn't it obvious?"

"N-no... I guess I really am slow-witted..."