15. The Things on Your Mind

"Whatcha thinking about, Y/N?"

You blinked out of your fuzzy mind-haze. You'd been staring at your fingers, which drummed against the table, your chin rested on the cheap plastic covering and your arms spread out before you. You come early to the Pizza Plex to talk to Bonnie. Not particularly about anything, really, but his presence comforted you in a way that your sad, lonely apartment never could.

You hadn't come to talk because you liked Bonnie or anything. Olive had just been joking, surely. There was no way you thought of Bonnie romantically. Just platonically. In fact, you didn't even think of Bonnie as a friend. Just a work partner. That was all.

"I was thinking about - stuff." You cleared your throat and dragged your gaze to him, "mainly about how good your gonna look. I MEAN-" you laughed and hide your blushing face in your hands, "I- well- you always look good. For an animatronic. Of course. But I was thinking of when you wear the outfit I'm making."

Bonnie's eyes grew wide and his cheeks flushed ever so slightly. "You think I look good?"

You nodded into the table. "Superior design compared to the other animatronics... obviously." That was true, but it was still lying. You sighed. There must be something clinically wrong with your heart because it was beating abnormally fast. It was weird and wrong and you didn't like it whatsoever.

"Is it about Morgan?" Bonnie twisted one of the bowling balls in his hand. Your chest seized - this was not what you wanted to talk about right now. Bonnie and Morgan did not mix together well in your mind, for reasons you would never admit to yourself.

"God, no." You got up, stretched, and snatched the bowling ball out of Bonnie's grasp, "I haven't thought about him since... ages ago." Another lie. You threw the ball at the bowling pins and somehow managed to completely miss all of them. Even if Bonnie had taught you how to not kill someone while bowling, that didn't mean you were any good at it.

"Speaking of Morgan, though... remember how we saw him the other day? And then me and you and Olive were all in the backroom together? And then I told you both my villain origin story? And then you kissed me? WELL." You took a deep breath, sucking up any scraps of courage you had left. This was what you had been preparing for. Might as well go through with it. "I would just like to say... thanks. No, that sounds weird. It's not like that kiss made me think of anything else I wanna do that involves your mouth. I MEAN- I- um- pretend I never said that. That kiss just made me have the tiniest bit of a crisis about how I see you. Don't take this the wrong way - I don't like you. That's weird. Your an animatronic. Um..." Bonnie was staring down at you so intensely that you almost ripped your own tongue out there and then. "...I'm scared to touch you. It might make me think stuff I'll regret. So, to wrap it up, you've been on my mind a lot lately."

You turned and began to walk away, not letting Bonnie reply to the utter bullshit that had just spewed out of you. Your entire body was on fire. Your face flushed with shame. You were gonna quit. Then move out of the city and then the country and beat the FUCK out of yourself for saying something like that. Bonnie probably thought that you... liked him or something. Which you definitely did not. It was obvious to anyone that you were just going a little insane from lack of sleep, that was all.

It was clear you weren't ready for a relationship, yet you continued to think about one whenever you were around Bonnie, for some unexplained reason. It was very, very clear that Bonnie was doing something to you. And it was even clearer that humans were not supposed to get this attached to a robot.

This was getting totally out of hand. You needed to control yourself.

"Y/N! Wait!" Bonnie yelled, but you stubbornly continued to walk away. As soon as you got back you would explain the whole situation had just been a product of morning hangover. That way he wouldn't suffer, and you would suffer in silence. Easy. Simple. Problem solved.
'I don't like Bonnie more than any normal employee would appreciate an animatronic.' You scolded yourself, pinching your arm, 'stop being so weird. Bonnie probably hates you by now.'