9. Safe Places

The morning of your second week at the Pizza Plex, you received two phone calls.
The first was from Olive.
"Mornin', ya Skank." You blinked open your bleary eye and fumbled on your earbuds, just loving the fact that Olive's snarky tone was the first thing to greet you this morning.

"Hey princess." You mumbled, trying your best to put on a 'I've been awake this whole time' voice, "What's up?"

If Olive had been here in front of you, she would have flicked her hair and put her hands on her hips. "Got some news about your little fundraiser." You sat up a little straighter. You'd been waiting to hear back from Olive for days.

"Go on."

You could hear Olive clacking her long nails on her desk over the fuzzy phone static. "Good new and bad news, L/N. Your show is on - the people higher up have agreed to it." You let out a sigh of relief. You were kind of excited of the adults night. Not only would there be fancy cocktails and fancy outfits (speaking of that, you'd already started to plan both you and Bonnie's attire, and you could not wait to see Bonnie's face when he tried it on), but you could spend a night with your favorite animatronic. Not gonna lie - he was kind of growing on you. And you didn't mind that at all.

"Bad news - your going to have to wait a while before you can do it."

You felt yourself deflate. "How long?"

Olive sighed, "Don't, Y/N. 'Parently upper management... well, I don't know what's up with them, but they said what they said. Don't think of this as an entirely bad thing; this means you and Bonnie will have more time to plan it out." You nodded, completely forgetting that Olive wouldn't be able to see you do it.

"Whelp. That's all for now." Olive was silent for a moment, before snapping her fingers and saying, "God! I almost forgot. We've got some new employees joining the Pizza Plex. So if you see any new faces, don't be alarmed." Olive promptly hung up without saying goodbye. You scoffed to yourself, threw your phone onto your couch and snuggled back down into your blankets. You still had time before work - it wouldn't hurt to have a little more shut-eye.

Not moments later, your phone began to ring again.
It was the second phone call.

You stuffed your head under your pillow, letting out a groan. Normally you got one call a month, and now you were having them one after the other. It was kind of pissing you of. Why couldn't people just let you sleep?

You left the phone ringing. It finally stopped. Then began ringing again.

Flinging your pillow across the room and sinking your feet into your slippers, you mooched over to your couch and grabbed your phone. Whoever was on the other end was persistent - maybe it was something important.

The phone buzzed repeatedly in your hand as you flicked open to the home screen. A private number - strange.

"Hello, Y/N here."

The caller was silent for a moment. You could hear their soft, almost labored breath on the other side.

"Hello?" You tried again. This was starting to creep you out a little.

The person sighed.
"Y/N."

You froze. A cold sweat seeped down your neck to the tip of your toes. You could recognize that voice anywhere. And it made you want to scream and cry and smile and laugh all at the same time and you hated it. You curled your fingers into your palms, hating how they shook.
"Hello, Morgan."

Morgan Briggs. That name still haunted your sleep and found it's way into your mind every single day. Their thick black hair, soft eyes, kind smile - things you thought you'd loved, long ago.
You hadn't heard from Morgan for one whole year. A year. You'd thought you were finally free of them. But now they'd come back.