12. A Blackout

When you woke up, it was dark.

Your brain was almost as fuzzy as your surroundings, twitching sluggishly back into consciousness. You couldn't make out much - you could just see the tiled floor, but the rest of the room was so shadowed that you could hardly see a meter in front of you.
A heavy, silky blanket was flung over you, by the feel of it, and you were lying on some sort of couch. You still had your uniform on - the sound of your vest against leather was unmistakable, and your tacky shirt was rough on your skin.

Where ever you were, it wasn't your bedroom.

With that realization in mind, you sat up, stretched, and squinted into the dark. Slowly, as your eyes got used to blackness, you could make sense of what was around you. There were discarded boxes littering the corners of the room and wires snaking along the ground and mirrors and posters and chairs. And then you finally remembered where you were. You were still in the Pizza Plex - you hadn't left. Groaning and raking a hand through your oily hair, you checked your watch. It was 6:30. Wonderful.

Yawning, you stripped away the blanket, immediately regretted it as the cold air seeped into your skin, and stumbled your way to the light switch. The room suddenly flickered into light, and then you spotted Bonnie.

You'd never seen him on charge before. You'd never really thought about it. He was sitting on the floor, his arms limp at his sides, and his ears drooping over his face, casting a heavy shadow. His eyes were delicately shut. He looked... peaceful. Relaxed. Tranquil, if you wanted to use a fancy word. It was slightly unnerving to see the lack of expression on his face, but you liked to think he was 'sleeping'. It made it seem a whole lot more wholesome.

Booping Bonnie on the nose, you turned to the mirror. You were in the back room of Bonnie Bowl - that was quite obvious now. And the Pizza Plex was bound to open up soon. You frowned as you looked at your reflection - your face was clear, not smeared with the yesterdays make-up. Weird.

Deciding that you had nothing better to do, you began to set up Bonnie Bowl for the day. You could hardly remember anything from the night before, except the fact that god damn Monty was head over heals for god damn Freddy. If Monty thought your conversation was finished with him, he was incredibly wrong. How could he drop a bombshell like that and expect you to not want every little detail about it?

The other thing you could remember was Morgan. That lovely person was working at the Pizza Plex with you. You growled to yourself, crushing one of the weak plastic cups you were unpacking in your hand.

But you couldn't remember much after that. You guessed you went to Bonnie, but... You'd have to ask him.

You finished setting up faster than usual - probably because you weren't talking to Bonnie like you normally were. It was only 6:45. There was still a quarter of an hour till the Pizza Plex opened.

So you went back to Bonnie.

You sat down next to him and aggressively tapped your thumbs on the phone, checking the time every three seconds because somehow you convinced yourself that would speed up the change from minuet to minuet. You remembered, vaguely, that Bonnie came off of charge automatically at 6:50. You flicked open to snapchat as you waited. Took a selfie of you and Bonnie. Sent it to Olive.

Suddenly, you gasped. You realized the opportunity you had while Bonnie was unconscious. It was perfect.
Although you believed Bonnie would tolerate what you were about to do if he was awake, it would be a whole lot easier if you just did it now. Marveling at your own genius, you opened up your photo gallery and brought up the reference for Bonnie's adult night outfit.

Okay, so maybe it was a bad idea to spend your money on a custom shirt and vest and corset, but god you were too deep down this rabbit-hole to rethink your choices. With a quick rummage through your tote bag, you grabbed your measuring tape and began to get the measurements you needed