Chapter Seventeen- Forgiven or forgotten

Rosie dumped her things in the passenger side of the car and slammed the door, she apologised to Peter who assured her it was fine, then her eyes turned to daggers as they rested on Abel. "Rosie, please, let me explain-" "I'm not mad. I just wish, that you'd told me, what happened to we tell each other everything? If we don't have honesty or trust we don't have each other." Abel guiltily looked to Peter, who stood behind Rosie like a shadow. "Listen, I'm sorry" he waited for Rosie to respond, silence was all he had for awhile, her eyes were red, watery, she stood trying to hold back tears, "Yeah well, sorry just isn't good enough."

Rosie turned, and got into the car doing her seatbelt and staring forward, being careful, Peter knew not to show any tears, "Can you talk to her?" Peter played with his keys, "That's your problem, you ask everyone else to talk for you, when all she wants is you, do it yourself." He turned and Joined Rosie in the car.

"He's a wanker." "Peter!" Peter laughed, "If you were really done with him, you wouldn't have reacted, you'd have agreed." Rosie looked at him, "I'm not done with him, but just saying that he's sorry, isn't good enough." "I know Ro, trust me, you and I have been there, for very different reasons but we have." She nodded, "I just don't know why he couldn't talk to me, I mean the girl he's with, I went to school with her, it's not like we don't know each other." Peter sighed, "You went to school with her, but you weren't friends, so then you should ask yourself, do you really know her?" Rosie sighed and sank lower into her seat, "I guess not."

Peter and Rosie stopped in to see her mum and then went back to Rosie's house, Peter knew, here is where she was at peace, even if she'd always said she wanted to live and go the city, her heart would always live here. "What do you want to do for dinner?" Rosie stopped picking vegetables and looked over to Peter who, was currently watering the garden, "I might make soup, it feels like it's going to be a cold night, and we got such nice crusty bread from the baker." Peter nodded, "I'm looking forward to it!" he yelled as he practically climbed a fence to water the apple tree, Rosie so proudly said she grew from apple seeds, Peter knew this was bullshit.

Rosie who was now in the kitchen washing dirt off herself, looked at the basket of vegetables she'd brought in, she'd been digging up potatoes for half an hour, and found a few carrots, and an assortment of root vegetables along with them. "Did you bring in the lettuces?" Rosie asked Peter who'd finished watering and offered to get the rest of the vegetables, "Yeah, the harvestable ones, everything that was ready to eat I brought in, you really have an incredible garden here." In that moment Rosie could imagine, living here, running a little farm with Peter, her Peter.

As much as she'd wanted to escape the country for some reason, life kept leading her back to it.