Chapter Sixteen- Thief

After Last nights Cluedo game, Rosie was absolutely over the moon. Her and Peter were exhausted and decided to stay in for the day, Rosie's home was nice, comforting.  Peter liked the homey feeling it gave him, "so another round of Cluedo?" Rosie snorted from under the duvet, "how about no, it's freezing" Peter laughed, "do you want to go out for breakfast Rosie?" He waited for a response, "you didn't fall asleep did you?" "No, I'm awake, I was just thinking about where to go for breakfast" Rosie sat up, she noticed Peter staring at her.
"what?" She asked, "nothing, I just can't believe that you're mine" "stop that, why do you always doubt us?" "It's not us I doubt Rosie, I'd never doubt you" the two kissed, there was just something that felt right about their lips on each other's, like two pieces in a puzzle fitting together perfectly.
Peter stood in the door way, "by the time you get to the car it will be lunch time, come on Rosie" "I'm coming, I'm coming, hold on" Rosie stumbled towards him, still putting on one of her shoes, then she was done and ready to go, Peter laughed as she stumbled into the car.
"So have you decided where to go?" "Anywhere Abel isn't" "Rosie-" "Don't, it's fine, he made it clear he doesn't want me around anymore." Peter found himself no longer jealous over Abel and Rosie's connection, now he was just frustrated and concerned, why do two best best friends love each other enough to do anything for one another and then just end it? That is something he bring himself couldn't understand.
"How about we go shopping?" "Shopping?" Rosie raised her brow, she knew what he was doing, using her weakness with money and spending against her, he was also trying to make her feel better, so the demon and Angel of money spending on her shoulders were now conflicted. "Yeah, I know your favourite bookstores in town, how about we look at some books?" Rosie's face lit up, then she frowned then smiled, then frowned again, "what's the matter?" Peter asked anxiously wondering if he'd upset her further, "There's so many books, so little shelf space, how am I going to choose?!!" Peter laughed, he loved that about Rosie, he loved that her priorities were so unusual.

The bookstore was older and dustier then Peter himself (and his nose) would have liked, a large sound made Rosie jump, "Peter, if your allergy to dust is that bad, maybe it's best you wait outside?" He frowned, "No, it's fine, really, I'll take one of my antihistamine, don't worry about me" he smiled, Rosie laughed at his stubbornness, the two continued, he noticed she carried a small wooden basket, the theme of this store was "cottage" so it had books, baskets, flowers and baked goods, other then the dust, it smelt absolutely wonderful.
"The picture of Dorian Gray-" "Read it" "I know, so have I, we had a class on it" he smiled, the two holding hands walked down a hallway of books, so far, Rosie had an old copy of "The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe." The second book in the chronicles of Narnia series, by C.S Lewis, Peter adored that series, (not because he had a character named after himself who wielded a sword, no that would be absurd.... okay maybe it had something to do with that..) he smiled, "I used to stay up late just to read that book again and again and again, it was my escapism" "I did the same thing for the same reason" Rosie smiled.

Twenty- Two minutes later Rosie had seven books, Peter knew this could have gone one of two ways, half the store in her bag, or a small number because she was a self aware book hoarder, luckily she chose to be self aware, this time. "Thank you." Rosie and Peter left the store, They were due to see Rosie's mum again before they returned to Cambridge, although Peter could tell Rosie wasn't looking forward to leaving her home so soon. Then he heard it, clearly so did Rosie before they both saw him, Abel, It was then Peter did in fact see him, him and the girl from the night prior, "Rosie?" She tensed and continued to walk away, "Peter unlock the car, I want to leave now" Peter shot her an equally as pained expression as she did him, "Rosie, wait please"