Chapter Four: Summers End

"Peter, pack you things and stop writing on that infernal piece of paper" "sorry mother, I'm busy, come back later" "Peter!" "Okay, Okay, but couldn't I just stay here?" "Ridiculous fantasy, now go pack your things!" "Yes, mother" "Candice!" His mother was gone and he was alone, the 'infernal piece of paper' she had told him to stop writing on, was in fact a letter, a letter for Rosie, summer had ended, now he had to leave, his mother had entertained their romance for awhile but she was cold and melancholy so it didn't last, Peter to be truthful would give anything to stay with Rosie, but his whole life was in London and hers was here, even though he knew she'd give anything to leave.

Peter packed the last of his things, he'd procrastinated for the last week, let's just say his mother liked preparation, and to be punctual. Peter looked over at the letter on his bedside table, sighing, he picked it up and began to walk to wherever Rosie was, he had no idea since until he finished packing he wasn't aloud to leave his room, so he hadn't seen her in a few days he'd heard her asking where he was occasionally and if he was okay. But as either his mother or sister said, "it's none of your business" to which Peter would tell from inside every time, "I'm fine Rosie" which would relieve her and she'd smile and walk away, he knew it made his mother mad, he enjoyed it.

"So you're finally leaving? About time" "nice to see you too Abel, where's Rosie?" "Like I'd tell you, you're not good for her, your going to destroy her when you don't come back for her" "I promised her I'd come back, I'm not breaking that promise, despite what you think of me!" "I don't think anything of you Peter, but I know you'll break her heart, it's a consequence of who you are" Peter walked off, what if Abel was right, what if he would break her heart because of who he is? "Peter! Peter!" He heard Rosie's voice she sounded extremely excited to see him,

"I thought you left without saying goodbye" "why would I ever not say goodbye to you?" "I don't know, but I thought you did" "Rosie, I love-" the corners of Peters mouth curved into a smile, he pulled her close kissing her on the forehead, he wrapped his arm around her before they started walking, Peter was quiet, "Abel said something again, didn't he? I'll go over to him right now and-" "Rosie, it's okay, nothing he says can change the way I feel about you" "you read my mind Peter" he smiled

"before I go, I want to see your home, you promised to show me before I left" "yeah, I did, didn't I, come on, my Mother's out with my brother they won't be home until tonight" "at least we can be alone, it's my last day here with you" "I know, it came too fast, I wish we had more time" "so do I" Peter could see Rosie was sad but she was trying not to show it, "so this is the kitchen, and this is the lounge, it's small but, it's fine for the three of us" Peter smiles, her home was beautiful, he noticed that she hadn't mentioned her dad since, well during the summer he had another fall and passed away, he was guessing her Mother was avoiding the house still.

"I'll show you my room if you want" "I want that more than anything else" Rosie stared up at his she smiled kissing him on the lips, to her surprise he pulled her close, and kissed her back, he was always gentle. "Okay" Rosie blushed as they walked upstairs, that's my Parents- my Mother's room" he noticed her correcting herself without making eye contact, "that's my brothers room, and this is mine" She pushes open the door, Peter looked around, she had a double bed, and a dresser, with a mirror and seat, her hair brush, and horse brush were sitting there, so was something else, he walked over, it was a leather bound book, left open enough so he could see, she'd sketched his face, it was incredible, "Peter! That's private" Rosie went red embarrassed, "I'm sorry" he smiled widely trying not to laugh, "no your not Peter Lancaster!" "You're right I'm not" he replied breaking into laughter.

Peter lay next to Rosie on her bed, she stared up the ceiling, what she was thinking about he could never tell, all he knew is she got lost in it, she turned on her side facing him, they stared at each other for sometime, "Peter, I don't want you to go" "me either" Peter kissed her, tears ran down her cheeks, "Rosie, hey, it's okay, I promised you I'll come back, I love you" "I love you too" for the first time there was no hesitation in her voice like the other times she'd admitted that, Peter kissed her, she kissed him, she ran her fingers through his mess of hair, he did the same to hers, "Peter, I want, before you leave I want, you" Peter looked her, he began kissing her again, "I want you too"

"then take off your shirt Peter" Rosie laughed, even so, Peter entertained her, he took his shirt off and tossed it to the ground, "Rosie, what are you staring at?" "You, all of you." she admitted, it was true, he was fit and handsome, how could she not look at him, without thinking she ran her hand down his chest, feel his muscles, "I think it's your turn" he said gesturing to her shirt" Rosie face flushed, she began pulling her shirt up, Peter kept getting distracted by her bra, it was lace, and it fit her perfectly, "Peter!" "S-Sorry! But god you're beautiful!" "Peter!" "Sorry! No, no! I'm not apologising for calling you beautiful, because that's not fair, you are beautiful" Rosie's face flushed, that would be something Peter would remember, she did that a lot. "Do you still want to-" "yes I do, I want you Peter".

It hurt at first then all Rosie and Peter felt was Euphoria, a euphoric moment shared between them in her bed on the last day of summer.