Chapter Twelve: Peter

Rosie had left the lecture hall, leaving Peter alone to be lectured by Caden when he returned from as he so politely called it 'taking a piss'. "I know, i keep fucking up, just drop it" "no, you need to make things right, the more you hurt her and push her the less likely she'll keep putting up with your shit, I know you love her, so grow a pair and talk to her". Peter sat thinking about what to say and how to say it, Rosie was amazing and it was true, contradictory to his prior statements he didn't want to leave her, but how to tell her that, how to keep his mother happy and treat Rosie with respect and how to keep Rosie by his side without anymore drama, was a challenge.

Rosie sat in the campus coffee store, downing a double strength Latte, she hadn't been sleeping well, she didn't have the energy for this shit, Abel kept standing her up, agreeing to meet then cancelling last minute, not messaging her back and ignoring her calls, she felt completely alienated, it was exhausting be so alone. "Rosie? what are you doing here?" "hey, Angel" "I take it things didn't go well with Peter?" "not really" "Abel's still being a dick and ignoring or blowing you off?" "yep" "so it's the usual shit then?" "definitely" "well that's fucked up" "why aren't you in class Angel?" "why aren't you?".

Rosie sat in the library trying to get some of her literary assignment done, before she went home on the weekend, she had decided if Abel wouldn't come to her or explain why, she would go to him in person, it also gave her an opportunity to see her mother, and home, although she admitted she'd rather sort things out with Peter first so she only had on thing on her mind, yeah like that was going to happen. Rosie shut her laptop and put her things away in her bag and made her way back to her dorm, as she walked, she exhaled, having this walk was in a strange way peaceful, she was alone, and the cool air was nice, she pulled out her keys and unlocked the door, Angel must have friends over she can hear their voices through the door, she pushed the door open, closing it behind her, smoothing her hair and walking into the kitchen, she hadn't been paying attention but then she looked around to see, Layla, Caden and...him. Peter sat on the couch too, he had the nerve to come here- no it didn't matter, "Ange, I'm packing my stuff, I'm leaving tomorrow remember" "okay, but come have fun after, we have drinks!" clearly she was making her way to being wasted.

Leaving tomorrow? had Peter really pushed her to leave? he stared at her, she icily ignored him, before going into her room and shutting the door behind her, "I told you to grow the fuck up and apologise, now look what you've done" Caden looked at Peter then at Rosie's closed door, "Rosaline" there was thunk and then Rosie cursed, "don't call me that!" "I want to talk to you" "I don't want to talk to you, go away Peter" Peter opened her door, "get out, leave me alone, please" without speaking Peter shut the door behind him, "you were right, I am a better man because I want to stay, I want to stay with you".

Rosie looked at him, "I told you, you were so much more, why didn't you listen to me?" "because I was scared, but i'm not anymore, I'm not going anywhere, I love you and I forgot that your love means more to me then anything else, please stay" "Stay?, I'm not going anywhere Peter" "when you walked in, you said you were packing to leave, i thought-" "no, no! I'm only going home over the weekend, Abel's ignoring me, god knows what i've done, my mother's not well, I need to go, I'm scared if i don't I'll lose them both" "then I'll come with you" "no, Peter, really it's fine" "no, it's not, I'll drive you there, we can both go, trust me, I want to be there, I want to see your mother and Abel, he's a good guy and i admit, he's my friend, if somethings wrong, I want to be there for him too" without a word Rosie hugged Peter, she sobbed.

"I'm afraid I've lost Abel, and I don't even know why" "it's going to be okay, friendships are never easy, you'll figure it out", Peter hugged Rosie, close to him, "so, I'll pick you up at eight tomorrow?" "thank you Peter, I like that you didn't call me out for leaving on Friday, when i said i was leaving for the weekend" she giggled "I mean, I do the same thing so, i guess we've made for each other".