Chapter 1: Olive Eileen Crayer

«Olive»

My footsteps echoed trough the dimly lit Manor. I could hear laughter at the end of the big entrance hall, where I was headed to. Goosebumps covered my whole body and my heart was racing. I stood in front of an dark wooden door with golden handles.

With a deep breath I threw open the heavy door and stepped into the hall.

"Don't be shy, take a step closer." a cold voice said from the end of the room, when I hesitated. Before I knew what happened a hand grabbed my arm forcefully and dragged me towards a big table. "Olive Eileen Crayer." a familiar voice said, before everything went blurry.

Covered in sweat I sat up, taking in the familiar surroundings of my room. Everything seemed at peace. The light was creeping it's way in through the heavy curtains and I could hear the birds singing in front of my window. Except myself. I wasn't at peace at all.

Today was an important day. Today would change my life forever and it was becoming clearer every minute.

A knock on my door made me jump, turning my head to the left.

"Yes?" I put my hair in a bun, waiting for an answer.

The door opened and my father entered my room. His eyes filled with concern, but he tried to put on a smile. I knew today caused him countless sleepless nights.

"Morning, Liv." he walked over to me and took a seat on the edge of my bed frame.

"Dad." I said, knowing that he was about to change my mind about today. Except he couldn't.

"I know you made your decision, darling. And I respect your decision in every way. I just want to make sure, you know what you're getting yourself into." he explained while putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Thanks dad." I smiled and took his hand. "But we both know, that I don't really have a choice." My answer didn't satisfy him in any way, but it was the truth. I had no choice.

When the heir of the family turns seventeen, they have to declare themselves to the dark Lord. It is tradition if you're a part of the fifteen trusted families of Voldemort.

The Snapes have been a part of the fifteen for a long time, as well as the Malfoys, the Blacks, the Notts, the Lestranges and the Zabinis.

Even though we're no pure bloods, the Snapes still have a high rank among the fifteen families.

My father tried to keep me out of our family business for as long as possible. But now it's out of his hands. He was never involved in dark magic before he met my mother, a born Snape.

My parent's decided to go with my father's name, Crayer, at their wedding. But since I was a part from the bloodline of the Snape family, they gave me the second name Eileen. Inspired from my grandmother, Eileen Snape, a born Prince.

My mother left my dad when I was six years old. He says it's because they wanted different things in life and people change over time. And her side of the story? I never got to hear it. About one year after the divorce went through, she left the wizarding world behind, to live in America with her boyfriend and now new husband Marc.

The first and last time I saw her was one year ago at her own wedding in Arizona. It was one of the most awkward encounters I ever had in my life. I don't even know why I accepted the invitation. I guess a part of me wanted to know what she was like.

Neither my dad, nor my uncle Severus went to the wedding. And they made the right decision.

My uncle, Severus Snape, is in the dark Lords trusted inner circle for as long as I can remember. Even though many students at Hogwarts fear him and his cold appearance, I can't imagine my life without him.