Chapter 5: Fate and Faith

«Olive»

Everything in life comes down to fate. At least that's my opinion. Every decision you make, every step you take or don't take. It's supposed to happen that way. 

Deep down I knew that there had to be a reason why Voldemort and all his dark shit entered my life. I just couldn't figure it out yet. But it was meant to happen that way.

I made my way back to the compartment, my eyes tired and my head was pounding from the bad air on the train. I found Daphne and Pansy asleep in their seats. I wasn't gone for that long, but it seemed like all the talking required a lot of energy.

For the rest of the ride I read a book, which I brought with me. Eventually it got dark outside and the train arrived at the station. The street lamps were glowing in the dark, marking the way out of the station. Students were flooding the platform and I watched the first years gather around Hagrid. They looked even smaller next to him and the sight made me smile.

"Daph' wake up." I carefully poked her shoulder before I walked over to Pansy.

"Pansy, it's time to wake up." I pulled her cloak and eventually both of them got up, cursing me for interrupting their power nap.

We were one of the last ones to depart the train, since the two took ages to get out of the compartment. Daphne pulled open the door to exit the carriage, Pansy followed her. They were already climbing out of the train when I heard a familiar voice in the carriage across. My head turned at a thud and I stopped walking.

"That's for my father. Enjoy your ride back to London." the voice said and the steps came closer to the sliding door in front of me.

The door got pulled open and Draco appeared, stopping in his tracks. He was wearing a black, expensive looking suit.

"Hello, Olive." he said rather surprised and with a splash of guilt on his face.

I looked at him with an raised eyebrow while leaning to the right, trying to get a glimpse of who he was talking to. The train was empty.

"Talking to yourself, Malfoy?" I asked and turned to the left, exiting the train.

I felt his eyes on my back but I continued catching up to Daphne and Pansy. We arrived at the great hall just in time and took our seats at the Slytherin table.

"Taking your time, huh?" Enzo said when I sat down next to him. He's always saving a seat for me in the great hall and I love him for it.

"Don't look at me. It was their fault." I pointed at Daphne and Pansy, while both were rolling their eyes at me.

The whole hall fell silent and McGonagall walked in with the new first years. My eyes scanned the group and I noticed Voldemort's son walking behind them with an rather bored expression on his face.

His brown curly hair where sitting perfectly, not one out of place. Pretty much everyone was focused on Mattheo by now.

"Hot." I heard Pansy say and spun my head around to look at her. Daphne hit Pansy with her elbow and Enzo held in a chuckle.

The sorting ceremony began and we got some new additions to Slytherin. Every time someone got sorted into our house, we cheered and welcomed them to the best house in Hogwarts.

"Mattheo Thomas Riddle." McGonagall said, sounding a bit flustered. The whole hall fell silent and you could hear whispers all around. He walked forward and McGonagall put the sorting hat on his head. Before it even touched his hair, the hat called out „Slytherin!"