Chapter 7: Pearl Dust and Rose Thorns

«Olive»

Trust is earned. That's what everyone keeps saying. It takes a lot to open up your heart and mind to another person you barely know. I admired Draco's honesty yesterday. The way he talked about his father and family. He doesn't know me, yet he trusted me with this piece of himself. Making himself vulnerable.

It was early in the morning and even though we went to bed late last night, I was wide awake. There was no point in going back to bed again so I got ready and stole myself out of the room.

The hallways were empty and no soul was around. The sun was glittering in through the windows, bathing the hallway in the golden light I adored.

My hands pushed open the heavy doors to the courtyard and with a loud thud they closed behind me. There were no clouds in the sky and the birds were singing.

I sat down at the black lake, my back resting on the trunk of a big tree.

Every now and then I need time for myself to figure some things out. Things I don't think about when I'm busy.

My dad gifted me a notebook for my birthday last year, so I could write down all my thoughts. I never used it and stored it in my shelve. But the recent events seemed like a good time to start and use it for my thoughts.

I was going to see Severus today because of my part in the dark Lords recent visions. It wasn't concerning me in any way that he had a vision of his dead wife, the second he held my arm. I knew that there had to be a reasonable explanation for it. Because there was no way that I was about to be involved in this madness.

Thirty minutes and many words later I had enough of writing down every thought that came to my mind and I made my way back to the castle.

The leaves on the trees were mostly still green, but you could see that autumn was on it's way. Autumn was my favourite season since being a child. The beautiful change the nature goes through, presenting itself in the most beautiful and different colours, that was always fascinating to me.

◅▫▻

If you hate it when people stare at you, then you'll hate entering the Great Hall. Everyone looks at you as if you just insulted their whole bloodline, while dancing on the first table. It's something I got used to, but will never understand.

I noticed Enzo and Daphne in the middle of the Slytherin table and made my way over to them.

"-and he was standing directly behind us." Enzo said to Daphne the second I sat down at the table.

"Who was directly behind you?" I asked Enzo who smiled at my appearance. "Morning sunshine." I always loved Enzo. He's my soulmate and I'm his. He just get's me and knows what's going on in my head. I'd die for him and he know's it.

"Morning, Olive." Daphne sang while putting jam on her scone.

"I asked Blaise if Draco is a natural blonde or if he's bleaching his hair."

"And he was standing directly behind you." I added before laughing.

"I'm telling you. I counted my days the second I saw his face."

I turned my head to look at Daphne and the second our eyes met we broke out into laughter again.

"I wish for more seriousness on this matter, ladies." he said before throwing two toasts on his plate.

I grabbed myself some Pixi Puffs and pumpkin juice, while reassuring Enzo that he'll be fine.

Draco entered the Great Hall a few minutes later, scanning the table for a place to sit. When our eyes met, he send me a small smile before sitting down next to Blaise and Goyle.