Chapter 6: Building Trust

«Mattheo»

A/N: Welcome back <3 First of all I want to apologise for the late update. I'm really sorry I kept you waiting. It was not possible to complete the chapter in time and I didn't want to upload something I wasn't fully happy with. I hope you enjoy this chapter and feel free to leave a comment or vote. I'm really happy to see you interacting with the story <3

The cold walls vibrated, absorbing the bass from the party next door. With every breath you could smell the alcohol and perfume in the air. I was leaning next to the door, which Snapes niece just disappeared into.

I could make out the chatter and laughter from next door. Everyone was in their own world. The main character of their story and life. Sometimes you forget, that in some stories you're just a side character and in others you're their whole world.

I was my mother's whole world and she was mine.

Now, I was no ones. But I didn't need to be ones whole world. The people feared and respected me and the power my father held. We are willing to go to lengths no one else would, to protect it. Until now, that was enough for me.

But having no one that wholeheartedly loves you, is the most cruel thing for even the most powerful souls in the world. Nothing hurts more than being respected but not loved.

My hands traced along the seam of my shirt out of boredom. The girl disappeared into the toilet five minutes ago and slowly I was getting impatient.

I knew that if I wanted to find out why my father spared her with the dark mark, I needed to get to know her and her family. There was something he needed from her or possibly them. And it would be me, to find out what it was and take it before he could.

The relationship between me and Tom is difficult to explain. When my mother was still around he was a different man. After her death he changed his name to Voldemort, the dark wizard everyone knows for his cruel and cold heart, his snake like appearance and hate towards muggles.

He was never the most loving father, but he deeply cared for me and my mother. I knew that his plan was to be the most powerful wizard the world had ever seen. But in a different kind of way. He didn't want to rule with terror, but with respect.

I was never okay with how he treated the people around him. I just couldn't do anything about it. But now the tables have turned.

I may be the only person Tom cares about, but that's not because I'm his son. It's because I'm his future and partner. He benefits from my presence and power. And that's exactly what I had to learn the hard way.

If you have to know one thing about Tom, then that he isn't stupid in any way. On the contrary. He is one of the smartest and most powerful wizards to be alive.

Which is why you always need to be two steps ahead of him. Every day and every second. I know my father. Something important happened yesterday with Severus' niece. His reaction was a mistake. One that no one noticed. Except for me.

"Where the fuck is she?" A girl stormed towards the toilet and stopped in her tracks when she noticed me.

A laugh escaped my lips the second I saw her face. Her eyes were underlined with red smudged lipstick and mascara.

"Where is Olive?" her eyes wandered around the little hallway we were standing in.

"Who is Olive?" I asked confused, knowing who she meant, but I loved seeing the anger and impatience bubble inside of her.