Chapter 4: Dark Visions

«Olive»

It's scary to realise that you don't hold the future in your own hands anymore. Someone else is pulling the strings, deciding what your future is going to look like. And it's safe to say that this someone doesn't give one fuck about how it's going to turn out. 

Severus and I walked towards the front door of my house which was hiding in the darkness. I wrapped my hands around my shoulders, trying to shield myself from the chilly wind.

When we entered the little house, I found my father sleeping on the couch in the living room, still in his normal clothes. I sat on the edge of the couch and took a second to look at him. I grabbed my favourite fuzzy blanket and covered his body with it. I loved seeing him at peace. His features relaxed and his lashes curled to perfection. Life was unfair sometimes.

"You're really lucky to have him, Olive." Severus appeared behind me, looking at my father on the couch.

"I am." Was all I said with a smile, before leading the way into the kitchen.

"How are you feeling after today?" Severus eyes were resting on me with a concerned look on his face. I let my body collapse onto the chair at the kitchen table and rested my head in my hands.

"Honestly? I have no idea what even happened." I sighed and Severus took the seat in front of me.

The light bulb over our heads was the only source of light at this hour of the day. My hands were tracing along the wood structure of the kitchen table, trying to figure out why I even attended today's ceremony.

"If I'm too weak for him anyways, why did you bring me to the ceremony?" I asked, looking at my uncle in front of me, who remained silent.

"You're not too weak. On the contrary. But he saw something the second he held your arm." I tilted my head at his words in confusion. Whatever was going on, I needed to know.

"Something?" I questioned the words which just came out of his mouth. I knew it was way to late for this conversation. I would leave for Hogwarts in a few hours and I had not time to deal with some pale ass man's mental health problems.

"He had a vision and saw his wife." Severus said slowly. I raised my eyebrows at his words, trying to fight the urge to laugh.

"He has a WIFE?" That was the only thing I could think about. It was hilarious imagining him saying 'I do' in a suit.

"He HAD a wife. She died a few years ago." Severus was dead serious, looking at me as if I was a three year old without manners.

"Oh. I didn't know." The room went silent and I was grateful it was just the two of us in the room. By now my mind was racing, trying to put the pieces of why Voldemort had a vision of his dead wife, when he held my arm.

"How did she die?" I asked carefully, not knowing if he would answer my question.

"She was ill, that's why she died. At least that's what everyone thought." I knew this was going to be interesting, so I remained silent.

"It was quite clever to be honest. No one suspected anything else. But a few days later they found out that someone murdered Mariella Riddle." I stopped breathing, looking at Severus in utter shock.

The wife of the darkest and evilest wizard, who hurt countless innocent in his lifetime, get's murdered. That's a bold thing to do.

"How was she murdered?" I couldn't keep the question to myself, but I figured Severus was ready to answer it for me.