Chapter 2: Mattheo Thomas Riddle

«Mattheo»

A cloud of expensive perfume wrapped itself around me, as I placed down the glass bottle. I fixed my suit in the mirror and stepped out of my room. The hallway was cold and there was no sound to be heard.

Tonight was a big day for four heirs of the fifteen families. They would devote themselves to the dark Lord, in exchange for the dark mark. My father always likes to go big on these kind of occasions, so I was bracing myself for what was yet to come.

I walked down the wooden stairs of the Manor and threw open the doors to the big hall, where the ceremony would take place.

A long table was standing in the middle of the room with a big chandelier over it. You could hear the fire crackling in the back of the room, along with some quiet classic music. The long and dark curtains, which usually stopped the light from flooding in, were pulled aside.

All the heads at the table turned to look at me, while I made my way over to them. The last one to turn, was the one at the head of the table. When he saw me, a smile creeped up on his pale face.

"Ah! My son!" he hissed and looked at me for a few seconds before he continued.

"Sit next to your father." he pointed to the empty chair next to him with his wand.

"Father." I said with a nod as I pulled out the chair to his left. Before I took a seat, I unbuttoned my suit with one hand. Severus Snape was sitting next to me, judging Bellatrix for her inappropriate comments on my late appearance.

Severus was one of my fathers most loyal followers and probably the most brilliant out of all of them. Bellatrix was a rather impulsive and crazy personality, which I decided to avoid as much as possible.

"Who's missing?" my father asked and everyone's eyes wandered to the three empty chairs at the other side of the table.

"The Malfoys, Father." I said with a straight face while leaning back in the chair, pushing up my hips, so I could sit comfortably.

"Typical." he looked around the table and before he could say anything else, the wooden doors got opened again and two blonde men as well as a woman entered the room.

"Lucius." Tom rose from his seat, raising both of his hands to welcome the man and his family.

"My Lord." the man with blonde long hair said, while lowering his head.

"It certainly is really mindful of you to join us." The Malfoys made their way over to the three free seats, while he was talking.

"I'm sorry my Lord, but we-" Lucius started, but got interrupted by Tom.

"I don't care Lucius. Sit down!" My father said harshly, before gathering himself again.

"Today, four heirs of the fifteen families will officially join our side with their devotion." my father said slowly while looking around the faces of all the people.

"Severus?" he gestured in his direction, signalising him to stand up.

Severus Snape rose from his seat next to me and made his way over to the dark Lord. Before he started with the ceremony he pulled out a piece of parchment paper.

"The Family Berkshire sends their first born son, Lorenzo Berkshire. Son to Daisy Berkshire and Charles Berkshire." Severus read out from the parchment paper and all the attention shifted towards him.

The Berkshire Family is going to be the newest addition to the fifteen families. Their oldest son, Lorenzo, made his way towards my father and Severus Snape.