Chapter 3: Draco Lucius Malfoy

«Draco»

The grin on my face vanished when I saw the dark silhouette in front of me, as I left Mattheo's room. In an instant I knew who it was. The smell of old parchment paper and leather crawled up my nose and goosebumps covered my body.

"You know Draco, in some way, we all kind of resemble our fathers." Voldemort said while looking down into the entrance hall. Taking his time and dragging out the words.

"Some more than others." Voldemort added before turning his head to look at me with his cold hands resting on the railing of the stairs.

My whole body stiffened and I could do nothing but standing in the cold hallway.

"My son for example: he's ambitious. Just like me." His voice calmer than I've ever known it. "And you..." he paused for a second.

"You're a coward." he took a few steps towards me so I could see right into his cold eyes.

"Just like your father." he added while moving his face closer to mine. I didn't move. I simply couldn't. Not even if I wanted to. The smell of old parchment paper was now so intense that I was about to vomit.

"Crucio!" Voldemort yelled with his wand pointed towards me.

The next thing I felt was a stinging pain coursing through my whole body. I collapsed onto the ground, screams exiting my mouth.

"Don't you ever dare talking to my son like that again!" I could feel his gaze on my back, but I wasn't able to lift my head.

The silent Manor was now filled with my screams. I could hear them echo through every just so tiny hallway.

Even after he left, I could still feel the pain wavering trough my body. My hands were numb and the cold was creeping up my feet.

I knew that he didn't do this because I was mean to Mattheo, but because I talked badly about him. The dark lord.

"Draco!" A soft hand patted my back and tried to lift my face.

"Let's go home, your father already left." My mother said while helping me up. Her hands warm on my back and shoulder.

When we arrived at the Malfoy Manor it was pitch black outside. I went straight to my room, since I wasn't interested in crossing paths with my father. After today that was the worst thing that could happen to me. Even worse than what I just went through.

As soon as I closed the door to my room, I went into the bathroom. My head was still hurting from the cruciatos curse. I rolled up my sleeves and splashed cold water into my face.

I was leaning onto the sink and looked at myself in the mirror. Bloodshot eyes were looking back at me, deep dark circles underneath them. My eyes traced down my pale white arms and stopped at the sight of the dark mark on my left forearm.

I always admired my father for everything he did. He was my role model and I did everything to make him proud. Becoming a death eater was one of these things. But I was rarely enough.

I became a death eater to show him that I was strong, just like him. But since I started to attend the death eater meetings, I realised that he was scared of the dark Lord as well.

Just a pawn in his game.

A memory from about a year ago popped into my mind and my surroundings became blurry.

📢 TW!

"I won't disappoint you again my lord." I heard my father say, as I walked past his study. My head was indistinctly moving closer to the door.