Chapter 7 Misunderstood

When i arrived at the store i grabbed everything we needed and as i was about to go to the checkout at the supermarket someone tapped my shoulder and it was no other than the blonde haired guy, i wanted to avoid the most now.

Even though i knew he made Marinette cry broking up with her, i couldn't be too angry to him. Something made me feel, that he had to go through a lot in their relationship, which made him choose to eventually leave her.

But i still need to have distance to him or else I'll lose Marinette as a friend and i don't want this.

'Oh, hey Adrien.' I said coldly to him and pointed to the cashier, that i want to pay the things.

'Hey, mind if join you for a bit?'

'Well i dont mind it. But i don't have that much time, Adrien.' i said to him while putting everything on the belt

'Let me at least help you with the bags' His emerald eyes and beautiful smile gave me almost an heart attack. So i couldn't be helped but to accept his offer.

'Thank you Adrien. I appreciate it.' i smiled at him, gave the cashier the money and we went outside.

'Sooo, i guess you already know what happened?' he asked me scratching his head.

'Yes, I met Marinette before and she is actually waiting for me at my home . But I rather would stay out of your problems and not talk about it, okay? You are my friends and i dont want to choose between the two of you.

'Of course. I dont want you getting mixed up with our problems either. And thank you for still being my friend and not hating on me.' He said while smiling to me.

'Sure.' i smiled back.

We walked a few minutes more until we arrived my appartment. I told him i could carry the bags on my own, but he insisted to walk me to the appartment. I just hoped Marinette wouldn't open the door, so she didn't know Adrien was with me.

As soon as we reached the appartment door, Adrien gave me the bags. 'Thank you for helping. I guess we'll see us at university.'

'Yup, see you. Bye Chrystal'
'Bye Adrien'

I waited until i couldn't see him anymore. I opened the door seeing Marinette putting her shoes on. 'Marinette, whats going on? Why are you putting your shoes on?' I asked her even though i knew she saw me with Adrien.

'ARE YOU SERIOUSLY ASKING ME THIS? YOU ALREADY KNOW WHY.'

'Marinette, please. It's not what it looked like. He just helped me carrying the bags. '

'BUT YOU BETRAYED ME JUST BY TALKING WITH HIM. HE BROKE MY HEART AND YOU ARE STILL NICE TO HIM ? WHAT A GOOD FRIEND YOU ARE.'

'He was just being nice, even though i said i had something to do. I'm sorry, Marinette. But i didn't betrayed you. I'm still mad at him, that he did this to you, but he is also my friend and I don't want to be in the middle of your break up.'

'OF COURSE YOU DID. SINCE YOU CAME HERE HE CHANGED AND GOT COLD TOWARDS ME. DID YOU THINK I WAS THAT BLIND, TO NOT SEE HOW HE FLIRTED WITH YOU EVERY TIME?'

'What? But thats not my fau..'

'I WISH YOU WOULD' VE NEVER COME TO PARIS. '

And with that she stormed off.

Great. I've been only here for some weeks and lost my first friend in Paris. I closed the door, sank down and tears started to stream down my face.

Mereas flew out of her pocket and comforted me.'Dont worry, im still here for ya, right?' Mereas said while hugging my finger.

'Thank you Mereas. Im glad you are here with me.

Mereas and me carried the groceries to the kitchen and put everything into the fridge and freezer. After that i sat on the couch, turned on the TV and watched some series until we fell asleep.

I had a nightmare seeing Marinette telling me i destroyed her life and she started telling everyone i stole Adrien from her and everyone believed it.

A knock on the window made me wake up from the nightmare.
I got up and saw a single rose laying
there and under the rose was a small black box. I took the box and looked if I could see who left it here. But there was no one to be seen.

I opened the box and inside was a beautiful necklace with a pink cherry blossom, which were surrounded by small little beads and bells. I still was confused who put it here but shrugged it off, since I was still pretty tired.
Gladly I didn't have to go to university anymore this week.

I put the rose in a vase of water and went back to bed.