Chapter 11 - arranged marriage

After the words slipped out of Argos's mouth, Cat Noir hit the wall beside him. Ladybug seemed to be shocked too, she didn't moved at all just stared blankly into the darkness.
I let go of Argos and just went to Cat Noir. His glove got ripped open of the impact, when he hit the wall and I could see his blood dripping down from his hand.
'Cat Noir, you're bleeding'
He looked at me for one second and jumped off, without saying anything.
Ladybug finally moved and also jumped into the night, without saying anything.
'I don't get it, why are they so furious about the fact, that Gabriel Agreste is Hawk Moth.  Did I miss something?'
Argos turned around to Ruby, as if he wanted to say something. In this moment my miraculous started to beep, indicating that I'm soon going to de-transform.
'Well time to go. Byeeee' I winked at Argos and started to fly away, without waiting for his response I made my way back to my home. I spotted an empty alley, went down and de-transformed to my usual self. Mereas immediately asked for something to eat and I gave her a small cookie. When I turned around, I stand there, frozen in shock realising that Argos followed me down here and now knows who I am. Crap.
Why didn't I check, if someone followed me. I'm so dumb. Mereas choked on here cookie and coughed, when she saw Argos standing in front of us.
'Why did you follow me? You know Shadow Moth can take advantage of us, when we know the identities of each other.'
'Nah, stop being so serious. I followed you just because I wanted to know you. Nothing else.'
He stared so much, it felt like he would look right into my soul. It made me shiver.
'Well Argos, I'm not in the mood to talk now and if that's the only reason why you followed me, I'll just leave.' When I turned around to leave, he grabbed my arm. I flinched at the slight pain he gave me through his grip. He loosened his grip on my arm but didn't let it go.
'Since you are so stubborn by leaving me here, there is another reason why I actually followed you.'
'What do you mean?' I asked him.
'How should I start, it's so difficult to talk about it. But... uh... the Tiara you are wearing, I saw it somewhere before. My mother used to be friends with a family and they had a tiara similar to this one wearing you.' I gulped hearing him talk about me.
'They have a daughter named Freya.' I saw her once through a call and you look a lot like her.'
I sighed.
'Yes, I used to be Freya. But I'm not their Freya anymore. They tried to ruin my life with their selfishness. That's why I left them and my old life behind.'
'You know that they still are trying to find you?'
'Yes, but I don't care. I'm never going back to them. But, tell me. Why do you even care about my family and me? It's not like we know each other.'
He sighed. 'So you really don't recognise me?'
'No, Have we met somewhere before?'
I tried to remember him. But somehow I just couldn't get it, when and where I did met him. Maybe it was a day in my life I wanted to erase and that's why I can't remember him exactly.
A day in my life I wanted to erase... of course. The day where my parents decided to introduce me to my fiancée I didn't know I had.
'You are the one I should have married.'
-Flashback start-
'Mom, Dad. I'm home.' I called for my parents when I came back from school. My small dog Choka came running to me.
'Hi Choka sweety, I missed you so much. Do you know where Mum and dad are?' Choka barked and wiggled with her tail, as she started to walk in the direction of the office room.
'Great Job, Choka.'
I patted her head and gave her a dog treat.
Before I entered the door, I could hear my parents talking to someone.
I could hear my mom's voice in a rather high-pitched tone almost like squeaking that she would be happy about the arranged marriage between me and someone called Felix. I burst into their angry, hearing about the news that they want me to marry someone I don't know.
'Oh sweetheart, perfect timing We are talking to my childhood friend Amelie. She has a son called Felix, he is one year older and we thought it would be a good idea to arrange a marriage between you two and establish a company corporation between us. Her pitching voice just made me more angry.
'Stop. Just Stop Mom.' I shouted at her. 'I don't want to hear that. I live my own life.' My mother shivered as I was shouting at her,
'How do you even talk to your Mom?'' My dad said gritting his teeth.
'How do you even dare, to control my life like that just because I'm your child? I don't want you to decide about my life. I have my own dream and don't want to marry someone you've chosen for me. Neither want I to continue our family business.'
'That's not how we raised you.'
My mom stood up and slapped my face. 'You will do what we want. Got it? And yes you will marry Felix.'
I put my hand on my now burning cheek. Tears started to stream down my face.
'That's how you think you can treat me, just because I wish to decide about my own life. I'd rather die as to marry some stranger.' I faced Amelie, noticing that a boy was standing behind her.  I apologised for not willing to marry her son, in hope that she will blow off the marriage plans with my parents. The boy behind her had a really sad look, as he would pity me for what happened.
I turned around without even looking to my parents. In this night I packed my things and left my parents house.
-Flashback end-
I looked him in the eyes, these beautiful emerald eyes, that I hated the most, but also made me soothe the pain. They still have the same look from that day.
'I never wanted to meet you and yet you are here standing in front of me. Did my parents sent you? If so, I didn't change my mind and my answer is still no.'
As I turned around fast my vision got blurry and I fell into deep darkness. The last thing I heard, was Felix calling my name.