Chapter 2: Green-eyed Pup?

She stopped and adjusted her glasses to see her Uncle, who had his hands up with a massive grin. "Uncle William?" she called out, trying to calm down. 

"Will, are you trying to scare my daughter to death or something, and what's with that smile?" she heard from behind; her dad patted her on the arm as he went past to greet his brother. "It's been a long time since I saw any of my family; you bet I'm smiling." 

Selina's mom wrapped her arm around her and gave her a light kiss on the forehead.

"Come on in, you guys; it's a pleasure to meet you at last," her mother said, talking past William to the other figures behind him. 

A woman with long curly brown hair walked past the brothers with a smile, "Pleasure's all mine; I heard all about you from William," she looked at Selina with a gentle smile, "My name is Jade, and I'm that grinning idiot's wife." 

Looking into her green eyes made Selina calm down, "He... Hello, I'm Selina." 

She laughs and turns to her husband, "I'm so sorry that my hubby scared you but seeing him getting bags thrown at him has put me in a good mood."

"My lady, that was cold," answered William playfully, "I know I play too much but isn't that half the reason you fell for me?"

Jade's face blushed harshly, and she yelled, "Shut up you jerk, that's not it at all," She ran over to hit him on his chest several times while he laughed. 

Selina's mother walks over to her husband to nudge him on his arm, "They're like newlyweds; her face is so cute when she is flustered." 

Her husband nodded, "He found his soulmate; I remembered our parents were worried about him because of his mischievous personality. Jade seems like a character as well, haha."

Selina looks on as her parents, uncle, and his wife engage in conversation, with Jade going in and out with pleasant and embarrassed tones and expressions. Selina glanced over to the two shadows of the their sons, they looked to be middle school-aged. They had the same features as their parents: their mother's green eyes and their dad's devious smile. Selina felt uneasy as they stood there with no movement, like statues.

One of them seemed to try their hardest not to move and began to shake uncontrollably, and this made Selina crack a light smile at them. Jade also came over to tell the boys to introduce themselves but stopped to stare at her smile. Jade and her son's eyes widened, and Jade looked over at William, "Does your whole family have such dangerous smiles like you!?" 

William came over and lightly pulled his wife's nose, "Only the good ones."

Selina's dad picked up the bags and she said, "Ho-Hold on, I'll...I'll do it; go inside and show your brother around." 

Her dad tilted his head and said, "Ah, not wanting to leave a job unfinished, huh? Gotcha. Come on, you two love birds, let me show you around before we eat!" 

Jade looks at Selina's mother, light red, "Do all the men in this family talk like this!?" 

Selina's mother laughs, "You make yourself an easy target because of how bashful you get, but I think that's what makes you so cute," she looks at William, "I can see why he's fallen for you."

 William quickly walks passes to the door his brother was holding, "I don't know what you are talking about."

Selina's mother winked at Jade, "Look, even that man gets bashful and embarrassed; names Lina, by the way." 

As the woman walked past Selina's father, "Shawn, by the way," playfully mocking his wife. 

"Oh, you're so going to get it later," she threatened playfully. 

Shawn turns to see the boys watching after Selina picking up the bags; one picks one up and hands it to her. "Thank you," she said as she took the bag and put it in the bin. Shawn smiled and went inside the house.

Selina could see as one twin helped her with the bags while the other looked at her next-door neighbor's yard, sniffing. She turns to him, "Do you have a cold? You should head inside." 

His brother nudged his arm, held out another bag, and said, "My name is Wade, and here you go." 

She pauses and takes the bag, "Thank you for your help Wade," she notices the other twin staring, and he quickly looks over to the yard again.

"Sorry, he's kind of shy," Wade pointed out as Selina put the last bag in the bin. 

She turns to him, "I see; what's his name?" 

Before Wade began to speak, they heard his brother stomping, "We should head inside; those idiots are on the prowl again." 

Selina looks over to her neighbor's yard; Wade grabs her hand, "Let's go; I'm hungry!" He lets go of her hand when he opens the door, allowing himself in while holding it out for her to grab.

She turns to his brother, "Coming? We got hot chocolate" 

He froze, scanning her, and shook again, "Ladies first," he let out. 

 As she headed inside, she heard quick-pasted footsteps behind her, "No, don't!" Wade shouted. Selina spun around to see the other twin leaping at her; she tripped and fell with him on top of her.

She saw something wagging behind him, "A tail!?" 

She looked at his face, his eyes were golden yellow, and his human ears were gone, replaced with a mane of fur. Something twitched on his head, and she looked closely to see two pointy animal ears. 

"Yep, I'm still dreaming," she thought to herself as Wade tried to get his brother off her. 

"I'm so sorry for this," Wade said as his brother pushed him away, "All he wanted was a hug; please don't be scared of him."

Selina sat up straight, stared at the twin, and sighed, "It's tough to be scared of something so adorable," she turned to Wade, "Trust me, I dealt with some scary monsters before," she started to pat the twin's head, "Their faces are still imprinted in my mind that I don't mind seeing something like this." 

Both twins let out huge smiles, and the wolf twin headbutted her, "Welcome to Galville, cousin, names Willis," he said with his fangs in full view.