Chapter 4: I Survived Worst

The girl grabbed Selina's wrist and squeezed it as she pulled Selina closer to her. Selina could see the water washing away the girl's makeup, and she saw a long claw mark on the left side of her face. Selina then looked into the girl's reddish-gold eyes, "I don't know if she wants me to feel frightened for looking at her at this angle," Selina said to herself, "But she does have some unique-looking eyes." 

The girl growled again, "You!"

"Wynn, stop it," Alvar said as he tried to loosen Wynn's grip, "She just moved here. She doesn't know the rules yet; just let her off the hook for being ignorant of this situation." 

Selina looked at Alvar unfazed and said, "Oh, I was told to leave it alone, but it was so hard to do. It was such a stupid display of someone so insecure about someone's smile," she shrugs, "I know there must be something more than that but the word 'smile' came out a lot. Then she pulled out a switchblade; It was like she was a character from a movie."

"Friend of yours?" asked Wynn to Alvar.

"What? N...." Alvar was about to say until Selina interrupted.

"And what if he is? What does that have to do with you?" she asked firmly.

The lunchroom was in chaos, with most cheering Selina on, others growling profanities at her, and some showing concern for her safety. The noise irritated Wynn, to which she lifted Selina by her arm and slammed her against the wall; half of the room screamed in horror at this action.

 "Now, will you all shut up, or am I going to break this smart mouth's arm? Do you want to hear her scream?" Wynn threatened. 

"Holy crap, this hurts like hell," Selina thought, with her hair blocking her eyes as she tried to look at Alvar. His face was in full panic mode, and he was grabbing his chest like he was in some pain. Selina wondered what happened while she got spun around, "Did she hit him too?" she asked herself, "Makes me wonder how long he had to endure this? I always remembered that I wanted someone to save me during all those events. Am I doing this because he maybe wishes the same?"

Selina turns to Wynn, who smirks, "So, are you ready to beg? Don't worry; all you have to do is say sorry, and I'll forget that this ever happened."

Selina looked ahead to stare at the small wolf fame plate hanging off the wall and sided-eyed Alvar looking down, still holding his chest. She sighed, "I'm..." The whole room was quiet; Selina looked down and up again, gasped, and did a light smile, "I'm not sorry for standing up for a kind soul with a beautiful smile. I'm not sorry, kiss my ass."

Wynn's eyes widened, and she grunted her teeth, "Wrong answer; say goodbye to your arm!"

A hand grabbed Wynn's arm, which was holding Selina's, and twisted it until she let go. Wynn let out a yell. Before she could see who, a hand pushed her chest hard as she slid on her feet backward. She looks up to see Alvar, who pulled Selina behind him, glaring at her with the same reddish eyes.

"Are you finally ready to fight!?" Wynn yelled, "We finally get to see who is stronger between us!"

Alvar grabbed Selina's hand and ran out the door while letting the doors shut behind him. Wynn kicked the door open, looking at each side of the hallway, "Coward!" she yelled and held her chest, "Fine, I wonder how long you will protect that human."

Alvar led Selina to a room filled with dusty old books. Selina looked around, covering her face to find her way to a chair. "Used to be a library, but thanks to the funds, we were able to build a bigger building," Alvar said as he took out a couple of chairs and placed one near Selina, "This room was mostly forgotten, so I think we can lay low until the end of lunch."

"Ah, okay," Selina agreed.

Alvar glared at Selina for a while, making her feel uneasy. "Did you know what you just did?" Alvar finally asked.

"I caused you more problems from the looks of it," she answered, "But to be honest, I couldn't stand to look at what was going on either. I was not thinking at all if that answers your question."

Alvar took a deep breath and looked at Selina in her eyes, "I would've still had the same problems even without your involvement," he said, "I bet someone told you not to get involved, but you did it anyway, knowing what she is." His face turned serious, "Why?"

Seeing his face look like that made Selina freeze; everything was quiet, and she could hear her heartbeat. She felt wet and sticky, then began adjusting her glasses nervously. She can still feel Alvar's eyes and shyly looked back at him, "Let's just say I was in your shoes almost all my life. Cousins, their parents, or anyone who was not close family were, hmm...what's a short word for it...maybe, evil," she said as she rubbed her arm slowly, "I did what I did because I've always wanted someone to...save...me. I just meet you, but I couldn't leave you alone," she shook her head and looked up to the ceiling, "Even warned, I still wanted to help you."

She looked back down to glance at Alvar and saw that his head was down. His shoulders shook, and he took a deep breath, "...Did you know who you were standing up to?"

"Should I care," answered Selina, "I could care less about some punk bully?"

Alvar popped up quickly, "Wait, you didn't know!?" Selina shrugged, and Alvar stood up, "You knew she was a werewolf, but you don't know who she is!?" 

Selina raised an eyebrow, "I think one of our classmates told me, but it skipped my mind, was she someone important?" 

Alvar sat back down and laughed, "She would be so pissed to hear that," Selina was perplexed as Alvar continued laughing, "You know the three main families, right?"

Selina nodded.

"She is a Silverstone, one of the main daughters, and she makes it known to everyone," he looked at Selina with great happiness in his eyes, "Makes me wonder if you had known that, would you have still jumped in?" 

 Selina stared at him sideways, "Your safety was way more important than some main spoiled bully," she said clearly, "Are you telling me I made an enemy of a whole family!?"

"No!" laughed Alvar, "She would never make it known around her family; after all, she thinks they hate her anyway."

Knowing this, Selina sat still, freaking out, "...Of all people, I had stood up to a powerful person," she slumped on the chair with her head down, "Did I take my mother's advice wrong?"