Chapter 7

Friday afternoon before Saturday's party, Selina and her mother were standing in front of her bed, overflowing with clothes. "Did I ever brought you a dress?" her mother said, confused. 

"It's been a long time; all I asked for was anything baggy during that time," Selina said as she towered over the clothes. 

Lina looked sadly at her daughter, "I'm sorry If I brought up something troubling," she commented. 

Selina shook her head, "I was just saying I don't have anything that seems fit for any event."

Lina drew a deep breath, went out of the room, returned with her purse and keys, and then grabbed Selina. "Time for a little girl's night out," her mom joked, "Let's get you a new wardrobe for the Selina of Galville." 

Selina lightly hugged her mom's arm as they walked out the door. "Thank you, mom," she said, smiling.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – -

"There it is, stop here," said Lina as her husband stopped in front of the Silverstone mansion. "I thought you said his last name was Adalwolf? Why are we at the Silverstone's house?" asked her dad. 

"He told me that his family doesn't celebrate his birthday. The other houses took it upon themselves to celebrate it for them." Selina answered as she got out of the car and patted down her outfit.

"Have fun, sweetheart," her dad said as he smiled proudly

"Say Happy Birthday to your friend for me," her mother added, "And tell them to thank you for inviting you."

Selina turns to them and nods with a smile. As she walks up the steps, she lightly puts the front part of her curly hair to the front while ensuring the high ponytail isn't messy after the car ride. She rang the doorbell, and a woman who looked identical to Wynn but with longer curly hair answered the door. Her eyes scan Selina's body, and she leans on the door, "Are you for me?" she asks.