Chapter 5: What Calmed Wynn?

As Alvar and Selina head out of the old room, he puts his arm around her, "Even though I'm upset at you for jumping in, " he said, "I'm also grateful for what you did." Selina smiled lightly and nodded, "Is your arm alright?" he asked. 

Selina started doing light arm exercises, "Hmm, it's just a bit sore, but I'll live," she commented.

"Well, if you need to go to the nurse while we're in class, just call it out," he said, "Mrs. Turner freaks out about hurt students without question."

They heard a loud gasp, "They're alive!" As they turned, Selina got tackled to the ground by some female students while others took turns hitting Alvar on the back. 

"What's with people of this town and tackles," asked Selina as it reminded her again of Willis. 

One of the girls looked up and flinched, "Guys, stop; remember when Wynn threw her against the wall!?" she yelled in a worried tone. The girls got up quickly as Alvar pulled Selina up.

"I'm sorry," the girl with the green highlights in her hair said, "Are you still hurt?" 

Alvar peeked at them, "All of you could tell Wynn didn't use her full strength back there, it wasn't enough to break her bones." 

The girl nodded but glanced back at Selina, "Oh, I'm fine; it's just sore, is all," Selina assured them. 

"I have to say; you are a lot braver than I when it comes to Wynn," The girl said then Alvar laughed.

"Guess what?" he asked them, smiling, "She didn't know Wynn was a Silverstone!" Everyone besides the humans surprisingly started to smirk and giggle at this news. The other humans pecked at Selina, who shrugged and shook her head. 

"Wait until she hears about this," one of the male students laughed out loud, "But don't you think it will get worse for our friend here if she does?" 

Alvar cleared his throat, "Then let's keep this a secret between our class," he said. They all nodded.

After school, Selina walked out the doors, looking at her clock. Nearby a guy with his hair covering his face tapped Wynn on the shoulder, "Is that the human?" 

Wynn followed the direction of his finger to see her, "Stay here," she ordered as she left her crowd. "You think you will walk free today after what you did?" she said as she reached to grab Selina, "You don't have Alvar to protect you this time; I'd snap your arm in half..." Before she could touch her, she felt a pair of eyes glaring at her.

"Cousin, over here," waved Wade as Willis ran over to Selina, still glaring at Wynn. She put her hand in her pocket and disappeared into the crowd, "That kid is freaking scary," she said to herself, "I'll finish what she started tomorrow." 

The twins grabbed Selina's arms as they walked to a parked car, "How was your first day?" Wade asked before they got into the car. 

"It was very eventful," she answered, "I made some friends." Wade smiled widely and got in first.

Willis pulled lightly on her arm, "Who did that?" he said with a serious face. 

Selina looked at her sore arm, which was dark purple, and before she could open her mouth, "Never mind, I think I know who," Willis quickly said as he got in the car after Wade, and when she sat next to him, he turned to her. "Just be careful during school," he calmly told her. 

Selina smiled lightly and rubbed his head, "Thank you for caring about me, though," she teased as Willis kept hitting her hand away, embarrassed, "Oh, Thanks for the ride, Jade."

"No worries, their school was close by, and they wanted to see you," she answered, "Sorry for leaving so quickly last night."

"Oh, no need to say sorry," Selina replied, "I'm just glad you're okay; you didn't look so good."

 Jade lightly smiled, "Yeah, I'm just happy your family is staying and that Willis and Wade got to have some of their father's side of the family living here," Jade paused, "Hey, I heard you guys have a family reunion coming up during spring break." 

Willis notices Selina's body tension up, and he gently places his head on her shoulder. "Ye...Yeah, I heard that my grandparents from both sides were coming, and I told my parents I wanted to see them," she looked out the window, "But I'll be staying at a hotel that no one besides my parents will know of."

Feeling her uneasiness, Jade added, "My husband wants to go as well, so we will be coming too," Selina spun around to look at the rearview mirror to meet Jade's eyes, "But what about..." 

Wade popped up, "The Silverlones are giving us some herbs for blocking out our wolf effects, it's perfect just in case Willis gets too excited."

"Heeeyyy," said Willis, lightly hitting his brother as Wade laughed. Selina laughed a bit, "I guess I can stay near you guys while there," she commented, "It will help me take my mind off of seeing...them."

Jade knew who she was talking about, "Have you asked your parents if you can bring some friends along?" she said.

Selina looked up with a hopeful look, "That's a great idea, why didn't I think of that!?" she said excitedly, and she looked down to Willis, "But if no one can come, I'll still have you guys." Jade softly smiled after hearing that comment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that night, Selina told her parents how school went, minus the drama, "Yeah, I skipped a step and flew into the wall," she laughed. Her dad didn't believe her but laughed with her anyway. "Oh mom, Dad, for the family reunion, can I bring a friend or two." 

Her parents looked at each other surprised, "I don't see why not; I say do anything that makes you comfortable," commented her mother.

"Thanks, even if they can't come, I'll be happy that Jade and the twins will be there," she said with a smile; she turned to her dad, "You finish your speech for your parents yet?" 

Her father popped up to the question, "I sure did, your mother helped, and there is a surprise in it, too," he replied with a grin. "It has been such a long time since I saw her this happy," he thought, "Staying here was for the best after all."

Selina got up from her chair, "Well, I have to go to bed," she walked over to kiss and hug her parents, "Good night, good luck with your garden, Mom."

"Thank you, sweetheart," her mom hugged Selina tightly, "You have fun at school tomorrow." Selina fist bumps her dad after embracing him, "Don't fight with your brother tomorrow, Dad," she said. 

"Oh, why do I get a lecture!?" he said playfully, "I'm for sure going to act up tomorrow."

Selina laughs as she heads into her room.

 Lina and Shawn glanced at each other and smiled, "You were right," said Shawn holding his wife's hand, "This was maybe the best way we could help her heal." 

His wife looks at him, kisses him, and turns back to the hallway, "She starts to see her therapist this weekend; I heard he was terrific." Shawn kisses his wife's head, "I'm still shocked my brother wants to come to the reunion."

"He might have something to say that he couldn't before," advised Lina, and her husband nodded in agreement.

In her room, Selina had set out her clothes for tomorrow; she touched her sore arm, which was wrapped with bandages her mom did for her. She took them off, "I'll ask Mom to re-wrap them tomorrow," she said to herself, "They will bother me while I'll try to sleep."

She turned her little lamp on and went to sleep.