Chapter 8

Alvar looks up from his kneeling position to Wynn, fear in his eyes, and turns over to look at Selina. "No..." he fearfully thought, "Don't look at me..." He quickly stands up and dashes towards the stairs, "DON'T LOOK AT ME!!" as he jumps across some steps, climbs up the wall with his claws, and jumps through a door out of sight. Luilfr and his mother ran after him.

Wynn can see that Selina is still in shock and walks over to her. "Now you see why he doesn't have any friends; we curse ones don't deserve that happiness. We are monsters to our people, it would be better if they lock us away, but no, this idiot wants to feel and act normal," she pauses, "We are never going to be 'normal,' we will never be free from how every clan views us."

Selina didn't answer, and Wynn waved her hand in front of Selina's face and moved her face closer.

"Say," Selina finally answered, "Do you also go through such a painful transformation?"

Wynn pauses, "That's not what I expected to hear?" she thinks to herself, but she answers, "Yes, I do."

A tear rained down Selina's face as she continued to look up the stairs; Wynn took a couple of steps back from her reaction, "What was that?" she pondered to herself. Selina then closed her eyes tightly, opened them to glance at Wynn's eyes, and ran towards the stairs. Confused by this action, Wynn walks towards the steps, "What are you doing?? The door out of the house is the other way!?" she mutters lowly, "You are going to get hurt," as she stops in front of the stairs.

– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –

Selina followed the sounds of chaos until she saw Villia and Luilfr standing in front of a door; a maid ran out of the door with an object flying behind her; it missed her head and hit the wall.

"GET OUT!!!" yelled Alvar as more things were thrown out of the door. Luilfr was holding his mother, crying, "This won't be easy, I don't know what that dust was, but even in that form, he was never this aggressive," recalled Luilfr." 

His mother muffled, "He was always gentle in that form; it breaks my heart to see him like this," she took a breath, "Wynn also seemed out of it; I wondered what happened?"

"All his family thought of him an accursed being infecting their family. Wynn thought it was her duty to bring him down to the reality of being a monster, and there is no such thing as them being 'normal," Selina thought as she walked past Luilfr and Villia, "Why do both of them feel they have no right to be happy in some way or another? Wynn wants him to be alone, but what about her? Doesn't she also want the same freedom to be happy?"

Selina walked in the door; the room looked like a tornado had gone through it, and sitting in the corner, sat Alvar. Selina came closer, almost tripping on a broken chair. Alvar looked up, "No!" he said quietly, picked up an object, and threw it at her; it missed. When she took a couple of steps closer, he howled loudly and threw more things, some hitting her. "DON'T LOOK AT ME!! DON'T HATE ME!!" He hollered, "Please...don't...hate...me." He throws another object which hits her forehead.

Selina rubs her forehead, looks down at Alvar, groans, and falls backward on her butt, leaning back with her hands holding her up. "It will take more than that for me to hate you," she replied as she stared straight into Alvar's eyes. "Are you blind? I saw how you looked at me; you were scared of me," he commented, "The same reaction as the rest of them; you must have a distain for me now. Just say you don't want to be my friend anymore, and I'll understand."

"Can you stop putting your thoughts of others onto me?" said Selina bluntly, "I didn't see anything to distain. I bet Wynn looks like this too, but smaller. I did not fear of your form Alvar but that..."

"STOP LYING!!" yelled Alvar, "YOU LOOKED AT ME LIKE I WAS SOME MONSTER; WYNN WAS RIGHT. What's the point of making friends and trying to be normal!"

"YES, I DID FELT FEAR!" hollered Selina as she quickly got up, walking over to Alvar, "BUT NOT THE FEAR YOU ARE THINKING OF!" Tears began falling from her face, "I feared for your safety more than anything else; the screams coming from you were so heartbreaking to listen to. The pain in your face while you transform made me want to run over to hug you."

She stood before him, "You guys called yourself cursed monsters when you are nothing but," her face darkens, "I should know; I've been around monsters all my life. To me, monsters are the ones that hunt you down to torment and cause harm. Monsters, to me, are the ones that have the power to stop the suffering, choose to keep quiet, and blame the victim. To me, they are subjects with no color."

She bends down, grabs Alvar's claw, and holds it. "When I'm around monsters, I feel like I'm drowning, always coming up for air, and feel hopeless," she said calmly, rubbing his hand, "I never felt that with you, even now with this other beautiful side of yourself, I feel at ease." As she gently places his backhand on the side of her face, smiling.

"Beau...Beautiful?" Alvar calls out, surprised at her words, "This side of me is beautiful to you?" he starts crying as Selina hugs him around his neck. As they share this peaceful moment, he begins to deform, "I'm sorry."

Selina rubbed the back of his head, "For what?" she questioned. "For throwing stuff at you," he answered, and they both laughed as Luilfr, and his mother came in.

"Selina?" recalled Alvar.

"Huh?" she returned.

"Whatever you do, don't open your eyes until Villia tells you to," he said, and Luilfr laughed.

"You're somewhat naked, are you?" she quickly asked, half-joking.

"Ding Ding, you are our new winner!" Laughed Luilfr.