Chapter 12

At midnight...

William POV:
Henry ended up falling asleep near the fireplace, I didn't have the energy to carry him upstairs. But I felt bad for having the baby rabbit in the basement. Until I finally drift asleep.

\flashback/

"Mommy! Mommy, Look!" Toddler William says as he points to a little rabbit in the forest. "Aww that's an adorable rabbit sweetie.." she says looking at the rabbit. "I want one mommy!" William says pointing at the rabbit. Williams mother looked nervous and rubbed her neck. " I'll think of it sweetie." She says patting  William on the head. A few months later it was Williams sixth birthday. And William open his last present and it was a rabbit sitting in a box looking back at William. Williams eyes widened, as he picked up the rabbit. William Hugged the rabbit softly, afraid he was gonna squish the rabbit. "What are you gonna name him William?" Williams mother asked looking at him. William looked at the rabbit. He smiled "Oscar!" William says. Holding up the rabbit.
After a few months William came back from school and ran to Oscars cage. It was empty. "Mommy! Do you know where Oscar is?!" William yelled from his room. "No I don't? Is he not in his cage?!" William mother yells from the kitchen. "His not in his cage!!!" William yells to his mother. "Ummm... go ask your father!" She yells back, William runs to his father, who is in his office.
"Daddy! Do you know we're Oscar is?" William asks, "that rabbit?" He ask still looking at his work. "Mhm..." William says holding his neck. "The damn thing wouldn't shut up. So I made it shut up." He says making a fist. Williams tears streamed down his face, as William ran to his mother.

\end of flashback/

I wake up with a jump, I quickly and quietly head downstairs to the basement. I look at the rabbit, sleeping. I sigh with relieve. I sit down next to the container. The rabbit jumps up and runs around the container, I jump a bit I stick my hand in the container. The rabbit sniffs at my hand and starts climbing up my hand. I let him. The rabbit climbs all the way to my elbow, and just stares at me I use my other hand to scratch the rabbits head. The rabbits nose twitches, he hops back into the container and lays next to the old blanket. I might wanna hide you somewhere... Henry will freak if he sees I have a rabbit. There's another room in the basement that has a bunch of shelving units. I pick up the container and walk to the extra room, and place it on the shelve at the bottom, I look around for something sharp. I see a scissors and poke some holes at the top of the container, just in case the air gets, somewhat thin. The room was a little dark. I grab an old flashlight and turn it on and place it in the middle of the room, facing away from the container. I wave goodbye to the rabbit, and walk upstairs, to see Henry still sleeping. I slowly lay down on couch, and think about Oscar. I shake my head and stop thinking about him, and I try to drift to sleep again.

In the morning...

Henry POV:
I woke up next to the fireplace, with my blanket down to my knees. I rub my eyes and sit up. I see William sleeping on the couch, with his blanket up to his shoulder and facing away from me. I slowly get up and walk to the kitchen while running my fingers through my hair.
After eating breakfast, I realize that William is still asleep, I take a glance at William. He's sleeping on his stomach, and covering his face. I look in the fridge to see we barely have any food. I grab a pen and a post it note, and write down;

Hey William, I ran to the store real quick for some more food I'll be back in a bit.
-Henry

And grab my coat and head to the store.
When I got back from the store, I see William still sleeping on the couch, in the same position. I grab the post it note and throw it away. He's been asleep for to long I'll go wake him up. I take my coat off and walk to William I bend over and shake him,
"William, wake up." I say shaking him awake. His eye flutter open, and turns over away from me.
"Ay! You've been asleep for to long, time to get up." I say crossing my arms.
"Go away.." he says with his voice much deeper, I narrow my eyes and shake him. 
"William get up, before I make you" I say standing up straight.
"Make me." He says smiling. I walk to the kitchen and grab a glass of water and hold it over William.
"Oh it be a shame if I dropped this water on you, and maybe... get springlocked?" I say as Williams eyes widen and jump up.
"Ok! Ok! I'm up." He says looking traumatized.
"Good cause I wasn't gonna anyways."

874 words~