Chapter 14

Henry POV:
I decide to look in the basement first, he's been in there a lot. He thinks I don't know, but I'm not that stupid. As I'm looking through the basement I see a tarp covering my shelving unit. Maybe the cassette tape is behind the tarp. I grab the tarp and rip it off the shelf. I look at the bottom shelf. My eyes widen, I see a rabbit in a container. I pull the container off the shelf, and look at the rabbit as the rabbit looks back at me. I stick my hand in the container, and the rabbit sniffs my hand. I pat him on the head, and carry the container upstairs. I'll look for the cassette tape in a moment. I grab a carrot from the fridge, and place it in the container. And I run back downstairs to look for the cassette tape.
I look back at the shelf where I found the rabbit, I look on the top shelf. Having to go on the tips of my toes. See an old coffee mug, along with an old bag. I grab the bag before I lose my balance. I open the bag to see the three cassette tapes. I grab the cassette tapes and run upstairs and grab the rabbit container and speed walk upstairs to my room. I grab the cassette player hide in the closet with the rabbit container. I place the rabbit container across from me and look through the cassette tapes and see the cassette tape named 'Henry' and I place the cassette tape in the cassette player and press play. The moment I hear his voice I realize that he sounded so tired.

'Hey uh, this is a little more info on Henry, because I never really discussed more about him, and it felt like I should have.. he was a great friend, I should have been a better friend to him though. He was the reason I kept going, and he also helped me though school, and every time he made new friends.. I just, this is hard for me to admit, but I was so jealous. It was real nerve racking when he made new friends, I was always so nervous he would replace me with a some dumbass who would probably end up being a dirt bag scum. *yawns*
I mean, I'm glad he made more friends but I know I'm not the only one was jealous over a friend making new friends, and if I'm the only one who was like this. Then I think your living under a fucking rock, but. I gotta admit something, in our last year of college, I developed a small crush on him. I thought it just my brain playing with me. But I'm still deciding if I actually like Henry, or if it's just my brain playing tricks on me. But I *yawns* honestly if my brain isn't playing tricks in me, I wouldn't mind.' 

I sat there processing what I just heard. William liked me? I look at the rabbit, the rabbits nose was twitching. I feel my stomach twisted into a literal pretzel. My heavy breathing made it worse. I move the container closer to me so I could pet the rabbit. The rabbit climbs up my arm and fell into my lap. I picked the rabbit up into my hands held the rabbit for a bit. I put the rabbit back in the container and hid the cassette tapes in my closet, behind the neatly folded stack of clothes. and carry the rabbit container downstairs, and place it on the table. Waiting for William.

Emotional damage-

614 words-